Short, Sweet, 100% POSITIVE HP Thread on a 1911 Forum...

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by undeRGRound, Jan 8, 2015.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  2. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Member

No reason to hate any firearm in my opinion. I love seeing as many firearms in as many peoples hands as possible. Hi points make it possible for many people to own a gun that couldn't otherwise.

My experience with a .40 hi point was that it is accurate and reliable.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I "kinda" hate on Kimbers, but if I got a killer deal on one I'd not pass it up. For the prices they charge, it should not have any MIM parts, should be all forged. Might add $30 bottom line cost per unit, and most or al would still buy it! Maybe MORE, but idk the "Kimber Buyer Demographic" very well. I just know a "bud" (we don't always get along) bought 2 of them, matched pair, and then figured out he only needed one :p Sold the other for a 33% loss, NIB :(

4. Our vet bought one, it resides in a safe and she carries a Ruger. She just has had too many problems with feeding on the Kimber. IMO part of the problem is not using +P ammo in a gun designed for plus P. The other part is probably the tight tolerances and a production process that is geared toward production, not quality.

A match grade 1911 is not unusual to run 5 grand. And those guns will run reliably with tight tolerances. That is why RIA, RR, and most bargain 1911's run out of the box. They are not made to be match/race guns.

Same problem happens with putting a match barrel in a Glock, if not tuned properly feeding problems will occur.

5. Ya gotta stop showing us all the good reviews of the HP's compared with $800+ costing guns.

It will soon be that HP's will start costing us $400 or more to get, which will make them even better shooting guns because they cost more.