Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"ve got a 45 carbine with red dot on layaway,(281.00) To go with my 45 JHP. But every where i see them out of stock.and when i do see one the price is crazy high. This must be a awesome weapon, cant wait to get mine payed for. should have done all three at one time. anyone
know what gives and why the demand for this is so high? it must be not enough coming from factory driving price up seems to me. Thanks in advance. :thankyou:

·
Banned
840 Posts
Supply and demand. Hipoint cant put them out as fast as theyre beeing bought. I also give theory as people are seriously coming around to hipoints, especially with election coming. Plus, some shops try to con a newbie to guns, and/or pass them off as glocks. (No lie, theres a post about this story)

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Well, it is a good gun and very fun to shoot. Plus, it is very hard to find any other similar semi-auto carbine in this price range. I bought mine at Cabelas a few months ago when they were on sale and there were people buying them like crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Just a really cool gun at a killer price. Two weeks ago at the range somebody asked "so what did that set you back? $700, $800?" Loved the look on his face when I told him they go for more like $300.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Has anyone else tried to get an answer from Hi-Point on future availablity? I sent them an email this morning, and hopefully they will reply with good news. The 4095TS are nowhere to be found in W. Florida.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
I was at Dunham's Sports and saw a basic 4595TS in the rack for $339.00.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
My local gun shop had two Hi-Points on the rack on Saturday. One was definitely a 995TS. I'm not sure what the other one was. They also had at least one pistol.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Has anyone else tried to get an answer from Hi-Point on future availablity? I sent them an email this morning, and hopefully they will reply with good news. The 4095TS are nowhere to be found in W. Florida.
I talked to their marketing guys a few months ago. The marketing guys want them to ramp up production to meet demand. The management doesn't want to because they fear rapid growth and loss of control. I lost my flight school because we expanded faster than we could control. It's a very real business problem.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Is it true that at Beemiller they make long guns and pistols at different times? This may explain why a couple months ago the stores near me had no HP carbines but now are glutted with them.

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts
A lot of firearms are being sold right now based on uncertainty of the coming election and general world uncertainty. If those concerns ease and/or if the economy takes another dip (further reducing real income and disposable income) then HP sales could drop.

Managed growth is better than reactionary growth.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
From what I understand: I would not think that Beemiller plans to ramp up since they make carbines and pistols at different locations. If they keep a steady pace they would not over extend. The CF.380, C9 9 mm, and carbines are made in Mansfield, Ohio. The JCP .40s are manufactured by Iberia Firearm; and the JHP .45s are manufactured by Haskell Manufacturing.

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts
There are different ways to do it. One way would be to limit yourself to what max operating capacity is. Another way would be to temporarily increase capacity such as by bringing on a 3rd shift of Temp workers.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
There were dozens of Hi-Point carbines, in all calibers, at my LGS when I laid mine away at the beginning of February. When I picked mine up, at the begining of March, there were about 10 left, in all calibers but mostly 9mm. A couple of weeks later there were none.

Today I stopped in and there was one of each in the display rack. I don't know how many they have in total, but they were able to get some more.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
RobsTV said:
I bought my hi point 995 at Boca Arms on the East Coast (Boca Raton). There is a shortage in FL of 4095 & 4595 I couldnt find one in a 150 mile radius of west palm. Hi point told me sternly that there was not a shortage but you are having the same problem. One dealer told me " I will give you my left arm if you can find one"

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Hi Point is pumping carbines out by the thousands. If your FFL does not have a good supplier who can get a carbine from the distributor then you might be out of contention.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Hi Point is pumping carbines out by the thousands. If your FFL does not have a good supplier who can get a carbine from the distributor then you might be out of contention.
When I bought my 40 JCP last November at a Ft. Lauderdale gunshow, there were a bunch of dealers fully stocked and selling whatever Hi-Point you needed. You could bounce back and forth, haggling for the best deal.

So using a Gunshow as a reference of supply, since it is an accumulation of several dozen different FFL dealers under one roof, and now, April 2012, seeing that no dealers have any at current Florida gunshows, I think it shows it is more than an individual dealer supply issue, and is a production or major distribution problem.

There is a local store here that does have all 3 carbines, but I refuse to pay a $100 premium over suggested retail. $430 (+tax) for a basic model carbine simply because they have old stock that they never sold means I will never step into that store again.

·
Its comeing right for us!
246 Posts
In the past 2 weeks here in Oklahoma I've found a 995c with laser and comp for $269. And 2 995ts for $251 just in my local area. So they are starting to pop up again. Last month there where none in this area.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts