Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First few clips I shot were way low. Like not even hitting the target. Adjusted sights and dialed her in pretty well. Question is when the last round is fired and the slide is held open. I would take the clip out reload it and put it back in. Instructions say to pull slide back and let it snap back closed. Mine would not do that. You basically could not pull it back at all but rather just push it forward into place. Is that right or normal? Do I have a problem. I had my uncle who was with me try it also and he too could only push it closed also. Opinions please and thanks.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Instead of doing all that: When the Last Round Hold Open (LRHO) engages, slide it back and lock the slide open, then remove and replace the mag. Finally, pull the safety down releasing the slide. This will sling-shot the slide forward and load the first round into battery without any problems.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
My c9 never did that. Once the hold open was engaged due to the last round being fired, dropping the empty mag, inserting a loaded one, you should be able to sharply pull back on the slide completely, let go of the slide and it should chamber the new round. There are obvious reasons why you would want this to work smoothly. As for the reason it doesn't allow you to pull the slide back further to chamber the next round, not sure. Make sure the loaded mag is fully seated in the well. Beyond that I'd call HP and ask a tech.

·
Registered
315 Posts
First few clips I shot were way low. Like not even hitting the target. Adjusted sights and dialed her in pretty well. Question is when the last round is fired and the slide is held open. I would take the clip out reload it and put it back in. Instructions say to pull slide back and let it snap back closed. Mine would not do that. You basically could not pull it back at all but rather just push it forward into place. Is that right or normal? Do I have a problem. I had my uncle who was with me try it also and he too could only push it closed also. Opinions please and thanks.
Everything the first two posters said. Also adding to your post, this is called a magazine (mag), not a clip. You said you adjusted the sights and dialed her in pretty good. Did you take into consideration about Other things before adjusting the sights? Your grip, stance, etc. all come into factor when not hitting a target/s. I'm not saying it was not the sights, but for "first few clips" and hitting low and not even hitting the target I would've checked Other possibilities first.
Welcome to the forum...lots of good info here. Good luck and buy lots of ammo!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would assume my grip and stance was ok because in the middle of playing around with the sights. My uncle handed me his nazi 9mm and I could almost write my name in the target. That gun was awesome. My uncle is about 60 and he said he bought that gun from buddy of his while in school for 8 bucks. Not bad. That thing was major accurate. On my highpoint he and I tried pulling back the slide after loading new mag but could not get it to slide to home. I had to push it home.?????????????????????????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.