Shot show 2015: your favorite

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by lcback, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Alright guys. I know my inbox is blowing up with shot show updates.

What's your favorite thing you have seen so far? Most interesting?

Or just comment.

So far the coolest thing I have seen is a double barrel pump bull-pup 12ga.
    I will post a link later on my PC.

Most likely to buy? The new .380 hipoint if it's true.

Most rediculous that korth 1,300 9mm snub rebolver.
    CA has had them in 9 and .40 for $400 for years.

What's yours?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

So far my favorites are the Charter Arms 45acp Pit Bull and the Hi Point 3895TS

3. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I still like the Korth LOL

4. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

My all time favorite is still the double barrel 1911!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Not impressed by the manufacturers "introducing" new guns that are minor tweaks of an existing product. To me, that's like adding a skull sticker and calling it a mod. :mad:

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Like a 3895 :p

Really, I don't hate that, it's just that they could have made something really worth while, and sold a ton of them... Like Hi-Cap mags or a 1095TS! ;)

7. undeRGRound

INDY

GB has a few of those, going for $4800 to $5400 :cool:
    I think I'd rather have a few Double Stack 1911s for that price :D
    1 in 45 ACP
    1 in 10mm
    1 in 9mm and 22 TCM
    and maybe 1 or 2 more!

8. Fracman

Fracman Member

Come to North Dakota and I will let you shoot mine

9. Fracman

Fracman Member

My favorite is the glock 40 long slide 10mm might be my second gun of 2015

10. Kiln

Kiln Member

I think the most worthless is the new HP offering. Who the hell wants a .380 carnine? Lets make a huge gun in a wimpy and expensive caliber, people will love it!

Seriously HP, I was hoping for something cool but they pulled the equivalent of introducing a .32acp AK. I don't see a huge demand here but maybe I'm crazy...

11. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

No. last year's offering was way worse. An existing pistol in a locking box....:rolleyes:..

At least HP made a new product. Personally, I won't buy one as I see no point in the 380 round. But some people like it. It was probably easy for them to make. Frankly, I think it was sort of the white elephant in the room as to why there already wasn't one.

12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I think it's one of the smartest things they could have done.
    Pocket .380's are selling like hot pancakes and you can now have a carbine without adding a caliber.
    Carbine with almost no recoil for home defense.
    Also was the only option without extensive R&D because it's essentially a 995TS with a differently teamed chamber.
    I posted it before, I don't think 1100fps and 300ft.lbs is anything to sneeze at.
    It's also the only .380 carbine on the market.
    Mark my words, this thing is gonna sell like crazy.

13. add exportation to mexico!

mexican citizens are only able to own .380ACP and smaller

14. Definitely agree that from the R+D perspective it's an easy peasy deal. But where's the ammo gonna come from to feed the appetite these short niners are going to have? I still can't find .380 range ammo! :(

15. Hermitt

Just think.... If you had one of these in each hand, you could essentially be shooting four 1911s at the same time!!!! :D:p:cool:

16. Hermitt

I like that S&W .460. I wonder how it shoots compared to their .500?

17. I have never looked into them compared. But it is in the same x frame. And may become a bigger caliber than the .500 as ruger has a really sexy Alaskan model in .460

18. undeRGRound

INDY

I checked that out online, the 460 has greater velocity, lighter bullets, but the lighter 500 stuff seems like it would overlap, if they made bullets that light. There is a clear trace from the heavy 460 to the lightest 500, it's like it was all one caliber with increasingly heavier bullets. So the 500 recoils harder, but minimal increase if you compare a small 500 to a big 460. Now go full weight 500? BIG Increase in recoil, I would think. The 500 Magnum makes the 50 AE look small... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kiln

Kiln Member

I disagree. I think the only reason .380 is so popular is because of the plethora of micro pocket pistols flooding the market. I doubt many will choose .380 over 9mm in the carbine platform because of the higher variety of loads available for the 9mm and the substantially lower cost for non-reloaders.

As for the Dual 1911's? Gimmick. All I see there is 2x the number of parts and in turn, a 200% increased chance of failures to feed or other similar issues.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015