Shotgun?? what????

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by ColopatironXV, Apr 9, 2008.

1. The other day a co-worker and i were chattin about guns.

I mentioned i had a hi point 380 and 995, i was commenting about the accuracy ad reliability of the two guns.

He mentioned he used to own a hi point 12 gauge shotgun and it was trash.

I asked if he was sure it was a hi point he swore up and down that it was.

I think he was stoned but I wanted to consult the experts (you guys) on the matter.

Did a hi point twelve gauge ever exist??? :?

2. Ridge

Ridge Member

Dont think so...

3. Not that I have ever heard of.

4. Where is your friend?......puffpuffgive

5. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

HP Shotty? No. Heck, I don't think Haskell or even Stallard made a shotgun either... What's your buddy smoking, and where did he get it? :lol:

6. Could he have confused Hi-Point with Hi-Standard? a quick web search shows that at one time they made shotguns.

7. pjm204

pjm204 Member

I must agree, he probably meant hi-standard.

8. High standard made guns primarily for competition shooting, they were well know for producing high quality guns. I actually own a cometition .22 and it is accurate as all get out.

I think this friend of yours if regurgitating info from the HP hate groups.

9. hahaha i thought he was high!!!! but i still had to ask you guys!!

10. Yep. Tell him to lay off the columbian bangbang. It's bad for you.

11. urotu

urotu Member

I'm pretty sure he was....

No Hi Point shottie, but indeed there is a Hi Standard, but all I've ever had anything to do with were pretty good shooters. He was probably stoned on both accounts, on it being a HP, and it being a POS.

12. biganimal

biganimal Guest

I'd have to say he doesn't know squat about Hi-points or High Standards. I have a 45 year old Flite King Trap shottie thats never failed me in the 35 yrs I have owned it.

13. Sounds like he was having a HI-Point!!!LOL

14. I will say if they make a shotgun in the future I'll buy one

15. You can already buy new 12 gauge pump and semi auto shotguns in the 200 or a little over dollar range.

I think it would be hard for Hi Point to be able to make one that could beat those prices by enough to draw in customers.

16. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

He is smoking crack.