Shots reported fired at Kentucky high school

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hermitt, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Thought I'd beat Swaga on this one..... :p

Shots reported fired at Kentucky high school, 1 injured school, lockdown ordered

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/3...injured-school-on-lockdown/?intcmp=latestnews

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

When will this crap end. Kids go to school to learn not be shot. :mad:

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Kids don't understand consequences.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Sad to say, neither do a lot of adults....

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Because they have not been taught to respect life, even animal life. Kid here in town is in trouble for purposely running over the neighbors dog. It likes to run alongside the car and he swerved over it. His reason why? "I dunno, just felt like it." He is one of the section 8 single parent(mothers) families that HUD foists on us from the Twin Cities because rent out here is a lot cheaper. So no upbringing the kids from town have.

Kids who grow up typically help on a farm, help give birth to animals, help butcher and they know to respect all life even if you are going to eat it. They hunt for food, not to just kill and take a trophy. They know to use as much of the kill as possible, if they are not going to use the hide see if anyone else needs it or take it to the hide turn in that goes to wildlife habitat. One of the city kids was watching me butcher a pig 2 years ago for friends and myself. He started asking questions about what each part was, could it be eaten, why not just throw that away it is so small(kidneys, I am not a fan but friends eat them so they never get wasted). I told him that that animal gave its life so we could eat and sustain ours, all life is precious and should not be wasted. He actually thought it over and finally said that makes sense. I took him deer hunting for his first time later that fall, he had a doe permit and got a really nice fat one. His mother was amazed at the meat, and I taught him how to tan the hide with the brains. He finished the hide right before Christmas and gave it to his mother as a bed throw.

Just because they are not always our kids doesn't mean we cannot teach them values, some will learn and it could save their lives and keep them from drugs and getting in trouble.

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Statistically speaking, kids are as safe or safer from being shot while at school than most any place else.

While the risk of kids dying at school is miniscule, the greatest percentage of that risk is actually made up of suicides.

It's just that, "teen commits suicide by overdose of sleeping pills in school bathroom" doesn't make the same attention grabbing headline as, "Teen shot at school!!!"

"We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blond who
    Comes on at five
    She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam
    In her eye
    It's interesting when people die
    Give us dirty laundry"​

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Ol' Don Henley!.... Good song.... Way too true