Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

should i buy it ?

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  vintage 
#1 ·
Ive been wanitng to buy a 995ts but can only find one for 288.00. what do you think? should i buy it or wait to find a cheaper one?

#7 ·
Ive been wanitng to buy a 995ts but can only find one for 288.00. what do you think? should i buy it or wait to find a cheaper one?
I bought my 995TS (make sure we are talking the 995TS vs the 995 Classic) for $269 plus PA tax and instant check at a Quakertown gun store. It had to be ordered. I later saw the 995TS at Cabela's Hamburg PA store for $249.99, later $229.99 on sale. They sold out so fast that you should consider these prices non-existent. If it is for sale in PA, it's probably originally from Cabela's. ($230 + $50-60 profit = $280-290) Look for Cabela's SKUs on the box. Cabela's was also including a vertical hand grip on the fore stock.

Cabela's Hamburg PA was selling the 995 classic for $169.99. People citing prices of $200 are probably talking about the 995 Classic.

The 995TS is a sweet weapon. I really enjoy shooting it. If there are no FFL fees involved, the $288 price may be the best you can get.

#14 ·
If thats all they've got, get it. GB is WAAAYYY overpriced on any HP carbine from what I've seen. Classics are a lot cheaper unless you really want the new stock. RRarms has them pretty cheap, but you have to pay shipping and the FLL receiving fees. Of course you'd have to pay no tax so it might even out for you. Let us know when you get one and post us some nice pics of it too.

#15 ·
Yeah, I really believe the area makes a huge difference. I have seen some recent posts about weapon prices and they are usually insanely low to the point where I could buy 3 guns for the price of 1 here in NE Florida.

Examples are a Mosin, some have stated they can find them all day long in the $100-$120 price range. Whereas here I have 4 LGS and if they do have them in stock they are around the $275-$340 price range. Granted gunbroker.com is an option but between shipping and FFL fees (around $30-$50) here then thats still $200 plus out the door.

So, if you like the weapon and feel confident you cant find another cheaper in your area, pick it up. Whats the point in hassling over $30 in the long run, thats less than a boss of 9mm JHP. Time is money after all and a 995TS on gunbroker.com may be $2230 but with the shipping and FFL you are looking at the same price in the long run.

I think another reason you dont see so many posts of what people actually pay is they may be embarrassed they paid $280+ for a weapon when others claim they can find them for $230.

#16 ·
Cheapest I've seen in town was on sale at a LGS for $219 and they did have them in stock. Being as I already have a 995 in the ATI and classic versions, I wasn't really trying to buy another one. It really just depends on where you are at. Here in Ohio gun prices are pretty low compared to what some of the guys are paying on other things. Like for example Mosins. The store I frequent the most always seems to have at least a crate of them and they are $79 and in great shape.

#20 ·
Get yours before Washington does.
I lol'd at this. :)

Seriously 280+ for a TS and I would do it. The classic is that price locally in central Florida.

#22 ·
I know its on the high side of good but its still a good price. I havent bought it yet because the gun store up by the family cabin has them and since its a small town their prices always seem pretty fair. Im probably headed up there this weekend so we will see. Ive been having a hard time spending money on guns recently cause my sisters husband lost his buisness and has had to move out of state to find work and hasnt been able to buy winter clothes(or anything else) for their kids. I keep thinking the money can be better spent by sending it to them so thats what i did and I wanna do the same for christmas so im trying to be fairly frugal but Im probably gonna break down and buy a gun soon! Its gotten bad!!! I can hardly keep myself from buying one! Im getting the withdrawl shakes no joke!!!!!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.