Should I pass on this deal?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by warhawk77, Apr 21, 2014.

1. I have found a C9 pistol with the extended mag and compensator for a nice price $125 but it means I have to drive about 220 miles round trip to pick it up.

The price is great but the 4 hour car drive is making me wonder. With gas being as high as it is I will run me about $20-25 to drive it but it's 4 hours that's a lot of time.

I heard hi point isn't making these with compensators any more so might be hard to find in the long run so might be now or never.

If I'm wrong on calling it a compensator let me know not sure what it is called.

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Yes.......it is worth it, if you want a C9 comp.

They do not make them anymore and that is a good price. And yes, it is a compensator.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

for the price of gas, and the 4 hours of your life, why not just have him ship it from his FFL, to your local FFL gun shop? youd save time, and spend about the same you would in gas.

the compensator models are a nice find, and thats a good price for one, but the drive would make it not worth it to me. see if he will ship it thru his FFL, and seal the deal.

4. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

warhawk
    If you pass on that deal let me know where it is I would get it in a heartbeat
    Frank

5. The seller doesn't want to ship it so means I will drive it if I want it.

If I don't get it I will kicking my self for a long time so I guess I will have a mini road trip tonight.

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Yeah it is worth it, a C9 comp for $125+$25 in gas is a steal. Will he meet you half way?

7. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Yes get it

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

If the C9 comp was close to me, I would go get it & ship it to you?
    So you might want to give us a hint as to where it is?

9. Its worth it, $150ish total and they are not easy to find

10. The seller is driving a little to meet me but for the price I can't ask him to drive a long way. Well I guess I could but I don't feel right.

I'm going to see if my son wants to go on the road trip that would give us some taping to talk and hang out so not a total waste.

11. Do it. You won't be sorry and if you are, well then I want first dibs to buy it off you. :)

12. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

I'd jump on it. Those things are getting few and far between.

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

Dude.:cool:

I drive that far to get groceries or go to a movie theater.:rolleyes:

You DEFINITELY need to go do it.

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    First off, shipping and transfer fee can run $50 or more. Secondly, a FTF means no federal paper trail. Definitely worth the ride IMO.

And what the hell is he driving that can do that distance on $25? Or is gas that cheap there? That's a $40 ride for me easy.

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Gas is $3.35 a gallon here, that's 7.4 gallons. As long as he gets over 30 MPG, its a $25 trip. My V6 Impala will do that.:rolleyes:

16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Over $3.60 here. My 2012 Sentra gets a little over 300 miles to a tank. Cost me $50 to fill it. Right now I'm going through a tank pr/day.

Y'all suck.

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What are you doing, commuting to NYC every day?:eek:

18. I got it tonight. I'm pretty happy with it and it looks like it has a low round count. I will get some pics as soon as I can.

I got 32 MPG on the drive so $25 in gas and I have more than when I started.

19. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I got my C9 Comp last week for $150 + tx. I had looked for almost a year?

20. Congrats! Gotta love those comps!