Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
All depends on how one defines SHTF, Greg's "SHTF-LITE" maybe not. The popular internet version of SHTF? Extreme Likelihood of violence. :eek: 😱
I use the parlance of most of the mainstream preppers.

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
Some of it is sharply divided on racial lines according to some of it and that is not good if it is true.
Not sure about this. Nashville isn't cowboys, and plantations. The cubicle zero lot line homes are invading all over town. This includes the historically black areas. This does make some people feel like they are being pushed out. They are. Last year the city council jacked up property taxes 34-37% Now that the tax rate is up they are raising the appraised values. The assessed values is 35-45% higher. Who raised the taxes? The democrats. The present mayor is a real estate investor.

The educated Yankee Commiefornians are going to have to learn the art of home defense as they are little islands ready for plunder for drug money and fancy designer shit.

Lenny McGill has his Guichi Glock store here in town now. He is one of our recent CA invaders.

·
Administrator
29,122 Posts
The educated Yankee Commiefornians are going to have to learn the art of home defense as they are little islands ready for plunder for drug money and fancy designer shit.

Lenny McGill has his Guichi Glock store here in town now. He is one of our recent CA invaders.
That's not usually how gentrification plays out.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
Yep. And zombies. Internet- and my 13 y/o- says there will be zombies.
Pretty sure there already ARE zombies. Brain dead instinctual brain suckers with zero awareness of the world and a one track mind shuffling around and only reacting to certain specific stimuli.....yep, I see them everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
You'll all notice that several posts have been culled and moved to the dark rooms as the conversation turned from what gun you would choose to politics and a video that wasn't not authorized to be viewed outside of youtube was posted.

• Wow

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
Yep. And zombies. Internet- and my 13 y/o- says there will be zombies.
If it came from a 13 y/o, it must be true. Did you ask her sage advice on the appropriate method to combat said zombies? Inquiring bulldogs want to know

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,210 Posts
If it came from a 13 y/o, it must be true. Did you ask her sage advice on the appropriate method to combat said zombies? Inquiring bulldogs want to know
Oh, she is quite frank about saying she knows she would never survive an apocalypse without me and especially without her step-dad. He is very much a protector and a survivor and she knows it and he walks on water in her eyes.

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
Oh, she is quite frank about saying she knows she would never survive an apocalypse without me and especially without her step-dad. He is very much a protector and a survivor and she knows it and he walks on water in her eyes.
Smarter than most that age that I've met - and I've met a lot over 25 years. She must take after her mother.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Careful, you might get a "tinfoil label". ;)

Now that is outta the way, I like this idea! Really good thinking to compare the similarities and divergence of SHTF & TEOTWAWKI. Next we can do a WROL thread? :rotfl:

Actually I always equated the two, but you make a useful distinction, Greg. Very useful. I'm prolly gonna hit the teotwawki thread as well.

As far as EDC/SHTF goes, I'm working on this right now, in fact. Got a pair of the "Top 10" micro-nine entries, a G43x and a Springfield Hellcat. The SA may likely get the most carry time, as it has a Romeo Zero atop the slide. The G43x has no optics cut. I will get that rectified soon. Does Taurus offer a slide cut on that GX4? That would be IDEAL. I've messed with that series of guns, and even the first gen is a fantastic little piece of work! People do love their "TAURII" as @lklawson might phrase it :D
gx4toro is the optic cut model

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
That's not usually how gentrification plays out.
I've worked in every neighborhood in metro since 1995. I've seen the trends. From Belle Meade to facing down 6 yutes in a very run down area. Smith and Wesson was my savior. Another was me working alone. Fenced yard, my 2 big dogs hanging in the car port. S&W .

Listening to NPR in Memphis they were crying about "Memphis 3.0." Developers buying homes at tax sales and knocking them down. Probably the same in Nashville.

In the "Gulch" a condo area downtown the imported folks are upset with the number of shootings, and robberies while they walk their dogs. Arm yourselves and abandon your libtard philosophies. Thugs don't care.

·
Administrator
29,122 Posts
I've worked in every neighborhood in metro since 1995. I've seen the trends. From Belle Meade to facing down 6 yutes in a very run down area. Smith and Wesson was my savior. Another was me working alone. Fenced yard, my 2 big dogs hanging in the car port. S&W .

Listening to NPR in Memphis they were crying about "Memphis 3.0." Developers buying homes at tax sales and knocking them down. Probably the same in Nashville.

In the "Gulch" a condo area downtown the imported folks are upset with the number of shootings, and robberies while they walk their dogs. Arm yourselves and abandon your libtard philosophies. Thugs don't care.
Usually gentrification starts with a few "rich" folks buying the cheap housing/condos/whatever, the rehabbing them. The get mad about whatever crime and force cops to crack down. More "rich" folks move in and gentrify, more pressure to the cops to "make the neighborhood safe." Eventually the upscaling of the neighborhood and increased police presence does the job.

That's how gentrification usually works.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
If you have the cops to do it. Defund the popo is real. In 1999 when I moved out of Nashville to the country cop told me they had the same number of cops that they had in 1968.

I'm seeing lots of crazy on the morning news. Lots of it isn't reported, it's bad for tourism.

• Wow

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
If you have the cops to do it. Defund the popo is real. In 1999 when I moved out of Nashville to the country cop told me they had the same number of cops that they had in 1968.

I'm seeing lots of crazy on the morning news. Lots of it isn't reported, it's bad for tourism.
Not to mention, it doesn’t fit the narrative, and reporting reality hurts the agenda….

Reactions: adam01364

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Usually gentrification starts with a few "rich" folks buying the cheap housing/condos/whatever, the rehabbing them. The get mad about whatever crime and force cops to crack down. More "rich" folks move in and gentrify, more pressure to the cops to "make the neighborhood safe." Eventually the upscaling of the neighborhood and increased police presence does the job.

So, is it GOOD or BAD?
(gentrification)

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
So, is it GOOD or BAD?
(gentrification)
Depends on whether you’re left or right, capitalist or not, and whether you are buying or selling.

If you aren’t a criminal and have the ability to function in normal society, you can stay put, and enjoy paying higher taxes as your property value increases. Make new friends, unless the new folks are actually white supremacists or racists.

The problem comes when rental homes get sold out from under renters, or laws that weren’t enforced start being enforced, like loitering or playing hoops in the park after 10 PM, or “get off my lawn” becomes a thing.

·
Administrator
29,122 Posts
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,035 Posts
My dad's neighborhood is going through the process now.

Last year his property was valued at $45k.

The property next to his sold for $400k and then had 20 three story houses built on it. They are being sold for $300k each.

This year his property is assessed a value of $359k.

Greedy city managers...

He's disputing the assessment.

Rerun

21 - 40 of 40 Posts