SHTF "Scope" !

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, May 21, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

It's only $134.99, and when duct-taped to a shotty, it's the ultimate SHTF "scope" . (It's perfect for SHTF, because it's the only time where everyone you care about is standing behind you!)
    http://www.my-daily-hunting-deal.com/

2. Different, have to say that.

3. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

Wierd. If that is real it is hella cheap. Anything "nightvision" usually has 4 digits before the decimal...

4. I dont know if it's an optic, or just a sensor. Doesnt look to have a lens to look through, seems like a point and listen for a tone.

5. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

Hmm. You might be right. Though this is kindof confusing:

Features
    -Built-in laser and infrared sighting makes acquiring targets easier... can be turned on and off
    -Infrared laser capability for tracking in total darkness while using night vision

Or is that just saying that if you already have NV goggles, you can turn on a built-in infrared laser?

6. Ridge

Ridge Member

I think so...they are saying it has a laser that can be viewed through NVGs...

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Yep... or just shoot the hot spots... SHTF... only folks you don't want to kill/injure are behind you... headphone jack... not an optical scope... a heat finder scope... :evil: :lol:

8. The company I work for has several of the Thermal Lasers for measuring temps on various objects around the plant. The ones we have look more like a hand held scanner you see in a retail store and the effective range on the newer one is about 75-80 yards, the older one has a range of about 25 yards. We have tested it on "lots" of things, including dogs walking around in peoples yards across the street from the plant. IF you can get the laser on the object for about 2-3 seconds they will provide an accurate temp reading within .1 of a degree. No idea if the one in the link is as good as the ones we have at the plant, but I do know the concept works in the more expensive units.