Shtf ?

Discussion in 'Survival Zone' started by XtrmTJ, Apr 20, 2014.

1. XtrmTJ

XtrmTJ Member

Wa. St.
    If/When SHTF, .... Are you going to shave or grow a beard ? What long term ideas have you got to stay clean shaven?
    Smitty

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

A couple of safety razors and a couple hundred blades will last a few years and doesn't take up much space. Clean shaven for me.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

We're going native....

[​IMG]

4. geekandwife

geekandwife Good ole Boy Member

I have a safety razor that is 20 years older than I am already and I buy blades in bulk lots of 1000. As of right now I think I am good for the rest of my lifetime... I have over 3k in the closet

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Straight razor, of course. Good enough for great grandpa, good enough for me.

6. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

umm, why does it matter, as long as the women keep their legs shaved?

7. subarunut

subarunut MOLON LABE, MOFO

wait until the beard grows long enough, cut it off with scissors or a knife, then have the wife make some socks.

really don't care if she shaves her legs, she can wrap them around me and keep me warm

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I was getting the "Duck Dynasty" comments from admiring young ladies months ago, and I have not done my Spring Shave yet...

I imagine I will be going full on "Mountain Man" most likely.
    I hope to post a selfie before/after the big shave... :D
    (faces ONLY!)

9. bluebone

i should have done that back in the 1st week of january. i went all last year without cutting my beard but the 1st of every year i have to shave to get recertified for my job.

10. Unshave. Shaved and clean screams "I have supplies. "

11. I'll look like Grizzly Adams... Screw shaving at that point!

12. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    A couple bags of those plastic throw away razors would last me for months.

13. This will do for the duration:

Attached Files:

14. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Six months in, and I'll will be able to blend into a balding Sasquatch community.

15. bluebone

have you been foregoing showers as well??

16. geekandwife

geekandwife Good ole Boy Member

Well due to this thread I went and checked my shaving collection, I have 4 extra handles that I stopped using to dislike/getting new ones I liked better, and I really need to stop buying blades. I thought I had 3k ish, I have over 8 thousand. I think I have trading supplies if needed...

17. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Not yet.... I got all shaved and trimmed for Easter, so I'm good for a bit.

18. desertrider

desertrider Member

I use a Gillette Mach III and probably have about fifty or so cartridges. The odd thing is I get over two months out of each cartridge before it's dull enough to toss out. So I've probably got about eight or nine years worth of shaving.

Shaving would be the least of my hygiene worries.

Toilet paper is way more important to me. I keep three 30 packs of Kirkland TP in the garage and two packs in my closet.

If it was just me, those 150 rolls of TP would probably last three years, but since I'm married, it's about a four month stash.:(

19. Clean shaven. My beard has never grown fast enough that I get over the itch. Tens days for a quarter inch. Must be the Native American/Bohemian ancestry.

20. Branth

Branth Member

Once my current supply dies, I think I'm gonna do the Dollar Shave Club thing. $6 a month and you get a handle and 4 blades a month, shipping included. I'll just do that for a year or so, and since I only go through 1 cartridge a month, I'll have several years of razors stocked up.