SIG P6/225 showed yesterday NOW WITH PICS

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Silicon Wolverine, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

The police trade-ins that centerfire and J&G have for 269$. Mine came in an original blue sig box with factory manual (in german!), two magazines and really whacked out german holster in the shipping box. Overall the gun has lots of finish wear from holster carry but nothing excessive. All the numbers match with a mnf date of 10/78. Its also marked "Made in W. Germany" which i found interesting. The only non standard markings are the required importer stamp from C.A.I. on the slide. the bore id rate at 98% or better. This had been shot VERY little. The sights leave something to be desired but im likely putting something else on it anyway. Ive got road trips for work for the rest of the week so no range time until friday night or saturday but ill get some pics up when i can.

SW

2. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Cool! I was wondering how good of a deal those badboys were.

3. How is the trigger? Thats always been Sig's trademark, incredible trigger feel.

Is it a double/single action or double only action?

4. Ari

Ari Guest

I been waiting for you to get this thing... Photos and range report when you get time please.. :D

5. Silicon Wolverine

SA/DA with decocker. Trigger is above average smooth with a nice clean break. Feels like about three lbs-ish SA and 9 lb-ish DA. My trigger pull guage gave up the ghost so im guessing there.

SW

6. Beautiful, and, at that price, I think I might stick with 9mm and get a Sig(serious0. Hell and back reliability, oh yeah, ill take a Sig please :twisted:

7. Ari

Ari Guest

That uses a single stack mag right?

8. Yes, only 8 rounds or something. Thats one of the reasons why its such a good price.

If I wasn't on a AK buying spreee, I would probably get one.

So the trigger does feel like a typical Sig? Impressive.

9. Silicon Wolverine

single stack, 8 round mag, but you can pick up 10 round aftermarket mags. FWIW im sticking with the factory mags. I did a bit of measuring and it seems this is a little thinner than the double stack models. It rides nice inside your waistband even without a holster. I looked around a bit over on the SIG forums and the current batch seems to be the best condition ones that have come in. Some of the older models that came in last year at 500$ were beat up pretty bad.

Oh and if you guys decide to buy MAKE SURE to ask if it has a standard magazine release or a heel type mag catch. The heel type guns have a stamped slide, not machined like the current models and cant take nealy as much abuse. They are few and far between, but they have been popping up. Avoid them like the plauge (according to the SIG guys).

SW

10. Ari

Ari Guest

I was thinking about the wifes hand with the single stack mags. It might fit her better..

11. Silicon Wolverine

There is alot of grip plastic there to shave and mod to fit her hands as well. Aftermarket grips for 225s are basically non-existant so you're stuck with what you got.

SW