*sigh* I hate you guys sometimes.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Not sure how I'm exactly going to do this, but after seeing pic after pic of modded 995s, I've taken it upon myself to see what I can do to my 4095. Not sure exactly how I'm going to get a rail system on it with the stock the way it is, but where there's a will there's a way. I'll probably stop short of doing anything that would require permanently damaging the stock unless I'm 100% sure it would work and get the concept signed off on by someone more knowledgable than I, but if nothing else this is a good way to productively kill some time (and put off cleaning) :).

2. Edit: Going to get replacement parts from Hi-Point first. Just noticed 3 screws are missing (I thought the stock was a bit loose...).

3. Hey Fanatic, just tell me what the barrel diameter is on a 4095 and I'll make sure my next project fits it.

4. Don't have a tape measure... hopefully someone else will most. I think if I take the front sight off I can fit an adjustable 2 slot rail on the end of the barrel... I'll keep everyone posted (pardon the pun).

5. I need it to be a bit more accurate than a tape measure measurament. Calipers needed. The 995 diameter is .609 or 39/64".

6. That is def. beyond what I can give you then.

7. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

If memory serves me well, I think the 4095 barrel is at .620. Will bring home my calipers tonight and shoot ya those numbers again after I verify.

8. neothespian

neothespian Member

Oh SURE! Blame US for your desire to modify. I mean, where the hell would you even get such an exotic idea? I really have no idea what you're talking about

*Shovels the multiple Mosin-Nagant parts, chrome kit and dismantled HP .40 into the drawer of his desk*

9. And by "you guys", I mostly meant you lol.

10. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

That's NEO for ya. Always raising, or causing, a ruckus about something. :lol:

11. "you guys" isn't that generalizing? I might just resemble that statement.

12. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Aaaahhh. We're all a bunch of rabble rousers around here. We all resemble that remark. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

OK so my memery is shot. The actual barrel diameter is .660, of course I did get .604 on the 995 :) Run with it Bushman98 !!!

14. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

I got caught with the customize bug for the 995.

I want to add rails to the bottom and sides and I want a different color black on it...argh...but i'm going back to Korea today so...it will have to wait atleast 4 months :(

15. Annyeonghi Gaeshipsayo! Eat some Kimchi and Bulgogi for me :).

16. Back to Korea? Ouch, there's some nightmares there... I lived there for over 6 and a half years. My wife lived there for 6 years too. I guess four months isn't too bad.

17. Nightmares?!?! You sir just don't have the proper appreciation for Asian culture.

Ok... 6.5 years might be a wee bit much lol.

18. :roll:
    I would never think about modding my 995 besides adding the 4X scope that came with it.

...unless I can convince the gunsmith to put me a Hart bull barrel on it, free floated with a benchrest stock...and a 2 oz. Jewell trigger...maybe a Leupold scope... 8)

...so perhaps in the future I COULD resemble that remark...

wizard93

19. Lashlarue

Lashlarue Guest

Korea, spent 13 months there in 59-60, loved it.Landed at Kimpo AB, the terminal hadn't been repaired since the last shelling in 53, took a bus 50 miles up a one lane road to Osan AB.Almost every building on the base was a quonset hut.[​IMG] Beer was a dime, cigs $1.10 a carton, a fifth of rum $1.25. I have fond memories of the 50 honeys with whom I slept .

20. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Did the penicillin help any?

:p :p :p :oops: