Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys newbie here, First of all I would like to thank all of you for the great forum. I have learned a lot
from this site in two week. I traded a old bow for a C9 that looks brand new. first off let me start off by telling
you that This is my first pistol, I have owned shotguns and rifles my whole life, I just never seemed to "need"
a pistol. But with this being a election year, and our current head cheese :devilsidesmile: Im going to utilize my right to bear arms, also I just signed up for my CC class. Enough about that! I have all ready added
Hogue grips, Modified my clips, But I do have a question: The sights on my C9 has the standard dot in front but the back had a black ring with two triangles off of either side, It has no paint on it so it's hard a heck to see, so do I call Hi-Point or was this sight for something else? any suggestions?

Thanks
POSSUM

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
That's the ghost ring site, it comes with two types of rear sights, if you don't like it call Hi Point and they will gladly ship you a new rear sight....and here's the best part....FREE. Gotta love it!!

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Looking forward to hearing from you with your range report and shooting experiences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Hello POSSUM & welcome to the forum.

I have the 3 dot sight on my C9 but I tried the ghost ring sight on my new .45. I don't like them on my pistol but I LOVE the ghost ring on my 995. Go figure.

I might suggest that you stay away from the WWB ammo for your C9 & Hi-Point also does. Some people here don't have problems but I sure did. Hi-Point recommends Blazer & I have to agree. It shoots flawlessly in both my pistols. I've also had good luck with Magtech, American Eagle & PMC Bronze as well as some others.

Don't forget to give us a range report with pics. We love to see targets shot to pieces by Hi-Points!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But I do have a question: The sights on my C9 has the standard dot in front but the back had a black ring with two triangles off of either side, It has no paint on it so it's hard a heck to see, so do I call Hi-Point or was this sight for something else? any suggestions?

Thanks
POSSUM
Ok I call the lady at Hi Point today, She asked that I say I to Everyone here, and she said "tell the guys that The one lady band saved the day again. I will also say that customer service is top notch, she is sending me my new sights, along with some extra stuff. I have been plowing snow for the last 3 days with about 4 hours of sleep. I have been open carrying with my c9 I went to the local gas station at about 3 o'clock I had a nice chat with 7 of the local police officers, they were asking about the c9 and asked if they could check it out. I let them hold it they said that it felt good and for the price you cant beat it
Keep up the good work Hi-Point

Possum

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

-->Go Here and read. My compilation of common malfunctions, their causes, and fixes. Go. Read. Be Knowledgeable.<--

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.