Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the first time i have had this issue

just bought another 45 acp the other day went to sight it in and no matter what i do i cant get it to come up any more and back sight is all the way up

aim for center at 25 yds and hits low a foot what do i need to do to fix this i have 1 more 45 and 3 9mm in the hipoint brand and all those are just fine my g18 is ok as well as my xd40 amongst all my other pistols

i also tried several other brands ammo and same result ne idea

·
Registered
114 Posts
Orion - I reread your post and saw that you are only having this problem with a new gun and not others, so it's probably not your technique. I'd send the gun back to Hi-Point for a check-up and a free magazine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Orion - I reread your post and saw that you are only having this problem with a new gun and not others, so it's probably not your technique. I'd send the gun back to Hi-Point for a check-up and a free magazine.
i think i will do that then it was interesting cause all of us shot it with the same result ahhahahaha and my pa has years and years as a gov leo

i will send it that direction and see what they say thanks a ton big john

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Laser-Bore-Sight-22/dp/B000U98AXK

You can find them cheaper however this will help with round placement trouble shooting. Not saying your a bad shot but this will help you find out if it is you or the gun.
have 1 already tried it and it shows the same i think where it is pinned to the frame its just misdrilled a lil causing the barrel to be down a tad more than spec thats all

·
Registered
251 Posts
I remeber someone saying there was a screw on the top prt of the pistol, back by the rear sight, the screw is designed to raise and lower your rear sights to adjust for elevation. Now I haven't done this yet, so I cannot confirm it myself.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep its there its the furthest back screw

i unscrewed it till it was out and it was still way down i was thinking of shimming it but with teh screw out it sticks way up there lol the barrell has to be off a tad on mine i even tried the ghost ring still shot a lil low and i dont like that thing much neways lol ima send this beast in and get it fixed piece o cake thanks for the thought :idea: though it all helps :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i have been checking on it it will be getting a new frame should b back home soon

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Check the pins that attach the barrel to the frame. Compare the holes and alignment to an equivalent model. My guess is that the barrel mounting holes are off. This should have been caught at the factory.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
do you send your gun in just for the free mag??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check the pins that attach the barrel to the frame. Compare the holes and alignment to an equivalent model. My guess is that the barrel mounting holes are off. This should have been caught at the factory.
oh they caught it all right lolololl

the second time around hahahhaha

its on its way home

1 - 13 of 13 Posts