Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
How far are ya shootin'? What is acceptable accuracy to you? Unless you have a physical limitation, if you relax your shoulders, stand with your weight properly distributed, and make sure the only thing you move when steadily pressing the trigger rearward is your trigger finger, you should be able to be on target enough to have an idea of where you're hitting. fire five or six rounds then adjust your sight and go again. If you are that unsteady at handgun ranges, (say 15 yards on in), you need to work on your stance. As my grandpa told me, "don't get yourself in a bind. Be comfortable in your stance."

Using these techniques, I can consistently hit a quarter at 30' with my Phoenix Arms hp 22 (another cheap gun with a 2.5 inch barrel and a lifetime warranty)... unfortunately, that makes shooting my little .22 more expensive... :-[ ^-^

I believe you can do it. A vise on a pistol to sight in seems excessive to me. worst cast rest your hands on a sandbag and work on trigger control. Actually, work on trigger control either way. Get some snap caps and do a lot of dry firing is more good advice.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
ok, Thanks for the additional.

I would recommend using some sort of cover wall. basically, find an upright that you can shoot around the right side of. something like the back of an suv or a post or tree. use a two handed grip and rest the flat part of the back of your left hand (assuming right handed shooter) against the object. You are actually simulating shooting around the right side of some sort of cover. You can even rest your entire left forearm against the cover object. that should help steady you and lets you practice in a more realistic shooting scenario. shoot a few rounds, adjust for the average of the group minus any obvious flyers, then shoot a few more. If you need a bench type scenario, I would still recommend a sandbag. Also, I still highly recommend the dry firing with snap caps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.