Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my c9 a few days ago i have had alot of trouble sigting it in. first few shots were extremly low (not even on the paper) i adjusted elevation shot some more still very low i have adjusted it and then adjusted it some more. every thing that i have read online says the gun is extremly acurate i just cant seem to even get close. the first few times i shot i used a laser range finder i was shooting at 7 yards and every time there after no more than 10 is it just me or is any one else having this type of issue any sugggestion would be magical.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I use the ghost ring rear sight that came with my C9 and I had to do a little adjusting to get it accurate but not much. I just took an NRA pistol class for CC and I was shooting better than most and most of them had the high dollar pistols.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use the 3 dot sight on my C-9 and at first I had some accuracy problems. You may have to loosen the elevation screw a lot to get the shots higher. I have pretty good grouping with mine sighted in at 15 yards.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The elevation screw is the one toward the rear that takes a flat head screw driver. I believe you need to loosen it by turning it counter clock wise. Just go to the rang and fire a couple of rounds, check grouping, loosen the screw and repeat until the groupings are at your aim point.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I have about 300 rounds through my C9 now and am continuously trying to adjust the sights still. I put the ghost ring sight on before I shot the first time. The open sight wasn't painted very well so I took it off until I can paint it. I did notice when looking down fromt he top of the gun the elevator kinda twists to the right and so does the sight itself. I might see if I can get a local gunsmith to fashion a metal elevator for better durability. Currently I have the windage set all the way to the right and I'm still shooting right. So I'm confused. And the elevation is set one screw turn from being all the way loose and I shoot about 10 to 15 yards... I'm thinking my accuracy issues are more from the fact the the sight isn't straight though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well you say you have your windage set all the way right and you keep shooting right. That's why. To adjust it to shoot left, you need to move the windage adjustment left by turning the screw counter clockwise.

For elevation, if you are shooting low, you need to raise the rear aperature by turning the elevation adjustment counterclockwise.

It may sound confusing but once you mess with the adjustments and see the results on the paper, it'll become second nature.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
So I'm wrong in thinking pistol sights are adjusted traditionally?
As in...I'm shooting right...I need to adjust to the right to make it shoot left.

You're saying the adjustments are completely opposite?
I put the 3 dot sight back on last night while I was sitting around bored. For the life of me I couldn't
find paint to redo the sights last night...so on my day off Friday that's what I will do.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So I'm wrong in thinking pistol sights are adjusted traditionally?
As in...I'm shooting right...I need to adjust to the right to make it shoot left.
You got it. With a fixed front sight and fully adjustable rear sight, for windage (left and right) you have to adjust the rear aperature the way you need the shot to go.

You are thinking in the terms of an adjustable "front sight". Which then you would be thinking corrrect. Shooting right, move the front sight right to move the shot left.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I guess I was thinking more of adjusting a scoped rifle myself. Every other gun I own is a fixed front sight with adjustable rear sight. I haven't owned a pistol in 10 years and the last one I owned (Desert Eagle 50 Cal.) was sighted in before I bought it and never had to mess with it.

Someone was telling me they take a padded bench vise when shooting a new pistol....and they leave it locked in the vice until they put all their rounds into decent groupings. Does anyone else do this???

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Mornin deadeye,
Here is another thing to think about, and this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i changed to the ghost ring sight a few days ago i got it sighted in it took about 10-15 rounds it seemed like magic compared to the 3dot. now insted of trying to hit the paper i can worry about getting tight groups near the bulls eye. which now that i think about it even before i changed sights the 12+ inch groups would still stop an intruder..... i would recommend getting some full sized silhouettes it gives you a lot better perspective on how you groups would look like on a human

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.