Sights

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Surfnayl, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

New to forum, got 4095 around first week of Jan. have put 60 rounds through it. It shot to the left. I had to move my rear sight almost all the way to right to get it on the bullseye. Anyone else have to shift their rear sight this far.
    Second question has anyone modded their front sight? My issue is the ring it cast a shadow so in shaded conditions I have a hard time seeing the front even if it has been painted a bright color. I was thinking of drilling holes around the ring or cutting some of the top of the ring out to allow more light in.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!..... A little cheap, neon nail polish may help.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Check your front sight post. It may be canted off to the right.

Welcome to the asylum...

4. littledog

littledog Wiener of Mas Destruction Member

IOWA
    I cut the sides of ring even with the front post and filed the post to make it thinner This helped me a lot.

5. juski_w

juski_w Member

Bull is right. I have been using the nail polish trick for 40 years. You can also use fluorescent paint. But, may need to recharge after a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

6. juski_w

juski_w Member

Both my wife's 40 and my 45 were pretty much dead on out of the box. She laughs at me sighting In scope. She hasn't touched her sight in 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

7. menhir

menhir Member

I had the same problem when I first received my carbine...and this was the cure.

8. I just bought the 4595 and went to the range right away... I got it in bulkseye, but the rear site is ALLL the way up and ALL the way to the left... but shes on bulkseye... I also had to ask the range officer hot to u se the folding front handle, never had one, didnt know how to unfold it.. now gotta buy a bi-pod... also need the key tools for yhe carbine and the pistol.. fantastic weapons..... BOTH OF MY HI-POINTS....

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Adjust the front sight. It goes up n down and side to side too.

10. Thanks. Now I see the screw for adjusting up and down, but nothing for left/right. Mines a sold piece of steel, if I move it to either side the rail will move with it...

11. cicpup

Vermont
    2 allen screws on bottom.

12. Rachgier

Yet another sticky idea. FO/RS rules of sighting in your irons on the carbine, and methods of un-jacking your sights.

13. I saw thise, but wouldnt that also move the rail??? Also you know how I get the key tool fir my carbine?

14. Excellent idea...

15. cicpup

Vermont
    You're just adjusting it a fraction (little goes a long way). Tiny worthless rail will be fine. Call MoM for a free tool.

16. Rachgier

Yes, the lower rail is held in place by the front sight post mount. HOWEVER, it's a piece of junk and only pressure fit to the stock and FSP. It's actually garbage, useful only for a bipod or flashlight at most and a few of us have just simply removed them entirely from our carbines. Don't worry about shifting the lower rail honestly. My carbine's FSP was canted to the right and throwing off my sights and required adjustment. I would rather shoot straight and have room on the sight for further adjustment than worry about a piece of rail. Just my $0.02 though.

17. cicpup

Vermont
    I wouldn't even trust it for that. A light? Sure. Just needs to point in the general direction.

18. Rachgier

I attached the quantifier "at most" to my thoughts on the rail's potential uses.

19. Surfnayl

Surfnayl Member

I actually got two tools with my 4095. I ordered one with the fore grip and there was a tool in the grip and one in the accessory bags.
    I will also check the front sight is canted.
    Going to put second coat of hi visibility red on the FSP. Still think I'm going to open up the front sight ring for more light on the FSP.
    Thanks for all the replies.

20. colthrash

colthrash Member

check the bottom of the forward grip. turn the little door in the bottom and see if the tool is in there...