Simple question here

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by 04cubby, Oct 5, 2015.

1. 04cubby

04cubby Member

I just picked up a hi point .45, why do they call them JHP? Figured HP means hi point but what about the J?

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its just the manufacturers designation for the current model.
    Sort of like a jeep cherokee being an XJ, or JK on the newest Wrangler.

3. 04cubby

04cubby Member

Thanks Talon, seems that you are a very knowledgeable person on here. I might hit you up in the future when I have questions. Thanks again

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Ask away. If i know ill tell you. Or someone else will. Lots of smart guys here, many with exclusive Hi Point knowledge, many more with general firearm knowledge and many brand specific 'experts'.

Im more a loudmouth that happens to know enough to not shoot my own foot off.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    And if we don't know we'll just make $#!t up.

"H" stands for "Haskell". That is the name of the branch/factory that makes them.

"P" is believed to stand for "Polymer" since it was added to the "JC" and "JH" when they switched from alloy to polly frames.

"J" has always been a mystery but has been used since the beginning of Hi-Point history..

6. cicpup

Vermont
    [​IMG]

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

Yes really. Or at least "believed to be" ;)

8. cicpup

Vermont
    "Fair nuff Sir. Fair nuff."

9. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Interesting... I always thought JHP stood for "Junk Hi-Point" :stir::stir::nahnah:

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

There are many mysteries as far as Hipoint pistols are concerned.
    I kid you not, one of our members MachoMelvin went to the factory somewhere during the last couple of weeks and he's got more different guns in his collection then they ever remembered making.

11. 04cubby

04cubby Member

LOL really? That's kinda funny

12. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

NO, That's REAL Funny!!!

My wife sigh's & say's you GOT to be kidding me!
    ANOTHER Hi Point?

13. Spotcat

Spotcat Member

Because "boat anchor" was already taken. :)

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

Even hi point is likely not to know.
    Right on thier website, the "ts" in carbine is said to stand for Tactical Stock...yet when they ran a facebook contest last summer, the 9gazillion people who answered that were all wrong, and HP said it stood for "Target Stock".

15. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

Maybe there is a little confusion between Hi Point and MKS Supply on this point. HP running the website and MKS the Facebook page.

16. talon

talon the banned wagon

When the FB page says Hi Point Firearms, not really. You still expect them to know thier own terms regardless.

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, really. You can put up a Facebook page that says Hi Point Firearms, it means nothing.

Who is "them" exactly? Well, in this case, it's not Hi Point, it's MKS, who is simply a distribution company that makes money off of HP, but contributes absolutely nothing useful to the product. They aren't using "their" terms, they are using someone else's. It's like the stupid radio commercial guy who pronounces the local name wrong, and sounds like an idiot. They are like the idiot counter help at the LGS, who know nothing about the gun, but still tell you stupid ignorant BS about the gun, all of which is just totally wrong.:rolleyes:

MKS is NOTHING like HP, it's as if HP is such a good company with such good intentions, that they were cursed to get stuck with the smarmiest most ignorant distributor around.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  18. talon

talon the banned wagon

But HP has obviously allowed MKS to use thier products, descriptions and information, and to post on behalf of them.
    Its not a fan page, its a company page.

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    But it's not actually a gun company page, it's a distribution/shipping company page, about something they distribute. I seriously doubt that HP gets involved in any way. It's like griping about Smith and Wesson, when Cabela's makes a mistake in their on-line product description.

HP isn't like some companies, I doubt they have ANY PR people, so they don't control squat, and MKS is free to say any stupid thing they want.:rolleyes:

20. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The middle letter may be the original owners last name initial?
    JH = Russell Hill
    JC = Jim Cole
    JS = Ed Stallard
    P = Polymer

I just texted a HP contact I have about the definition of the "J" , hope to have an answer soon?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015