Single action revolver .45LC or .44 Magnum

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SWAGA, Aug 29, 2020.

1. .45 Long Colt

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. .44 Magnum

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida

3. SWAGA

Think the ad is fake, who would put a tag on his own gun for the picture?
    Besides don’t have the cash yet.
    Beat him down to tree fiddy ya think?

4. Think1st

Florida
    The price is already pretty low as it is. You could try to talk him down, but the odds of success seem low. If the add is fake, he won't meet you in a public place, by the way. If he does decide to do so, have someone you trust on discreet overwatch. It could easily be a friend posing as another person getting some stuff out of his car nearby. Have him show up in a second vehicle, and don't interact with him before you make the purchase. Also, ask the seller if you can get the serial number so you can check with the police to make sure it hasn't been reported stolen. That would be my biggest concern, rather than armed robbery.

5. SWAGA

I was joking.

6. Think1st

Florida
    I wasn't. It can't hurt to ask.

7. SWAGA

8. Think1st

Florida
    Buy it now is only $450. You could easily pawn some crap that you don't need anymore to get the extra $100. Turn that "would have been perfect" to "is perfect."

9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

10. sandog

sandog Member

That squared trigger guard (Dragoon) on the older Super Blackhawks always banged my second finger knuckle on all but the lightest .44 loads. I much prefer the Bisley grip frame for heavier "magnum" loads.
    Other's must have had issues with the squared trigger guard as well, as Ruger now offers a rounded guard on the SB.

I do like the longer "Army" grip on the SB frame, you have room for all your fingers.

11. SWAGA

Its $500 with transfer fee and shipping and actually haven’t put in the OT yet.

12. SWAGA

Guess I waited long enough...
    Its sold :(

13. Think1st

Florida
    That sucks. Maybe something better might actually come up. But, then again, didn't you suggest a black powder revolver to Kirk in the other thread? Just change the cylinders? That option is still an affordable one.

lklawson likes this.
  14. I 2nd the motion on the BP revolver. I have that same 58 Remmy. Havnt had it out in a while..but yea..tons of fun. Just try to get a spot downwind at the range..so you dont fog everybody out...:D

Think1st and lklawson like this.
  15. I vote for the 45lc.. having owned a few SA revolvers..i find that shooting the Magnums isnt all that fun if you have large hands. I always end up with the skin rubbed off my middle knuckle from the back of the trigger guard. Its not like shooting a big DA revolver with the big squishey rubber grip. The 45lc has some "punch"..but not the "snap" of a magnum rnd. Plus..45lc in a SA just seems right...:D Heres my 357Mag Blackhawk, and 45 Cimerron.. I love them both.. but enjoy shooting the 45 more. The Ruger has a transfer bar, so relatively safe to load up all 6. The Cimerron is an exact clone of a Colt..so gotta keep an empty cylinder under the hammer. Keep that in mind when choosing a gun if that matters to you. 20200920_090614.jpg

16. Think1st

Florida
    I was impressed with the Remington's accuracy when using the lube technique I mentioned earlier. At 10 yards, it blew out a big hole in the middle of the target. After four cylinders, there was no degradation in precision.

Frank2041 likes this.