Sinus problems

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mr_flintstone, Jan 1, 2015.

1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

Like many others, I have been plagued by sinus problems this past year. This last round nearly ruined my sanity (if I had any to start with). I caught a cold a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, and a few days later developed swollen tonsils, post nasal drip, and a feeling like a golf ball was in the back of my throat. I couldn't swallow, couldn't breathe, and when I'd lay down to go to sleep, id feel like I was drowning. I went through three rounds of antibiotics (10 days each) and a round of prednisone. All helped a little, but as soon as the medicine was gone... The symptoms were back!

Finally three days ago I started looking for home remedies, natural cures, or even "witch doctor" treatments. I stumbled upon a webpage where someone had the same symptoms I did. I was skeptical, but read through it. The author said he was finally cured by the following regimen:

1. Mix apple cider vinegar and water in equal amounts and gargling.
    2. Rinse mouth with water.
    3. Mix 100% cranberry juice and water in equal amounts, gargle, then swallow.

That evening I went to the grocery store and bought the items. That night I tried it, and it immediately gave me a little relief, and I was able to go to sleep. The next morning I woke up to a tickling in my throat, and I coughed up about three tonsil stones (you know, those stinky white things that grow in your throat when you are sick) along with a strong vinegar taste. I felt much better that morning, and tried the treatment again immediately. All day long, no cough drops, no sore throat, and I was able to swallow all day. I did this a couple times throughout the day because things kept getting caught in my throat, and at night before I went to bed. By the third day I felt completely well.

I don't know if it this works for everyone, but it sure did for me. After three doctor visits I was finally cured by $4.75 worth of groceries. I just thought I'd share. Maybe it'll help someone else.

2. uavdb

uavdb Member

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Glad that worked for you! As far as 21 ways to use it, my cat ain't lettin me put that stuff on her!

4. I have continual sinus issues and I am just getting over a sinus infection which came on right after a cold. Your 30 days of antibiotics should have kicked that infection in the butt. Maybe you got the wrong med. Some don;t work as well on sinus infections.

Hope you feel better.

5. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

I used to get 4-5 serious sinus infections per year. I started vaping 4 years ago (stopped smoking) and have not had one. They uses to turn into bronchitus on top of the sinus infection. I feel for ya, they are miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Had a ear, nose and throat doctor tell me to get a large syringe, fill with warm salt water, run it up one side of the nose, then the other. Tennessee has high mold counts in the winter, the ground just doesn'tfreeze hard enough to kill it.

8. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY