Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article once about the current flood of military SKS's available. If a modern gun company wanted to produce a rifle with the same quaility and fit and finish they would have to put over 300 dollars a piece just in production. Not bad for a gun I was buying for 149.00 a piece last year.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I paid $60 for mine.

oh wait, that was 15 years ago... nevermind. ;)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
shoot cheapest i found local is 308 packed in cosmo. the local pawn theif wants 750 for yugos and norincos, and more others, even ones with no bayonet, no extras at all.

but if anyone wants to sell one for 150 im buying ;)

·
Registered
671 Posts
My mother was a single mother and when I turned 16 I wanted to start hunting, and begged for a deer rifle......She could not afford one so she bought me an SKS at 110$..........14 years later I have several deer guns and the SKS is now a "toy"

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got in just under the wire. I bought my first slightly beat up Kalifornicated Yugo SKS at Big 5 for $180, then my cherry unissued refurb Yugo from Classic for $169. I LUV EM!!!
Oh, and just to screw with your heads, I got my Rommy WASR 10/63 for $400 at Big R. Came with two mags, mag pouch, matching # bayo, cleaning kit, and 45 deg muzzle brake. Mmmm...good soup...
Bummer is that I can't find ammo for under $300 per 1000. I'm sitting on a case that I won't touch until stock goes up and prices come down...I hope.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got in just under the wire. I bought my first slightly beat up Kalifornicated Yugo SKS at Big 5 for $180, then my cherry unissued refurb Yugo from Classic for $169. I LUV EM!!!
Oh, and just to screw with your heads, I got my Rommy WASR 10/63 for $400 at Big R. Came with two mags, mag pouch, matching # bayo, cleaning kit, and 45 deg muzzle brake. Mmmm...good soup...
Bummer is that I can't find ammo for under $300 per 1000. I'm sitting on a case that I won't touch until stock goes up and prices come down...I hope.
I got you beat on the price of the WASR, mine was all of $345.00, just last October at my local big boys toy store. My wife damned near crapped when I walked in with it though, until I explained it cried out to me, and begged me to bring it home, as the big bad bullies at the gun store beat her when I wasn't around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.