Sliders

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mr_flintstone, Oct 18, 2020.

1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

I don’t know. Gal definitely has a higher budget for her costume. I’d have to see both out of their costumes to make a decision.

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    My assessment is regardless of the costumes.;)

3. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Never been impressed with Netflix... I can watch the same movies on free streaming services and their made for Netflix series are to political...

undeRGRound and Rerun like this.
  4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Thats why I don't pay for Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+. I use a streaming service that let's me watch all of their stuff, PPV, pay channels, and live broadcast TV like I had the most expensive cable bundle known to mankind.

5. mr_flintstone

That made it more difficult. I started to say harder, but thought better of it.

undeRGRound, Twisty and Think1st like this.
  6. Yeah, Wilma'd notice for sure and she'd club you one.

undeRGRound likes this.
  7. Think1st

Florida
    It's funny how that Farris Bueler song comes to mind...

adam01364 and mr_flintstone like this.
  8. Think1st

Florida
    No question, man. The original is the superior model.

Twisty likes this.
  9. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

What about the "Shazam-Isis hour"?

lklawson likes this.
  10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The Netflix Marvel MCU franchises were largely free of political overtones, particularly when it would have been easy such as in "rich kid worried about society" of Season 1 Iron Fist, or "poor minority drug addict" in Season 1 of Jessica Jones, or even all of Luke Cage. In fact, in Luke Cage they had some remarkable moments such as when the Season 1 villain "Diamondback" reminds the viewers that gun control was originally intended as a racist control measure against black people, an in spite of the fact that another Season 1 villain, Mariah Dillard ("Black Mariah"), is, in fact, a politician.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. Claymore

Claymore Member

I remember watching Battlestar Galactica with my nephew, and we were always wondering why, being machines with computerized brains, it took 3 Cylons to fly a ship ??

Twisty likes this.
  12. mr_flintstone

According to the book series by Richard Hatch, it’s because the Cylons in the series are not true Cylons. According to the books, Cylons are actually a race of reptilians, and were actually on the verge of extinction, and losing the thousand yahren war when they created the robotic versions in the form of the Colonial human because the body shape was more “efficient”. The Cylon Centurion Warrior class androids were designed for mass production, and to follow orders without much capacity for independent thought, therefore necessitating three Cylons to operate the Cylon Raider ships. Even then, they were not a formidable foe. It seems the Cylons took the strategy of sheer numbers over fighting capability. (Think ants) They did, however design the IL series androids whose form was designed around a thinking computer, but it limited their fighting capabilities. This series (the same series that the robot Imperious Leaders were elected from) could think and reason, and directed strategies and combat from a central location, and viewed the Cylon Centurions as expendable. That’s why a single Colonial Warrior could take out multiple Cylon Raiders without much effort.

Also in the books, the theory that the robot Cylons overthrew their biological counterparts was misinformation spread by true Cylons in order for them to settle back into unknown space and repopulate before returning many years later (in the books) to reclaim their rightful place.

OK, so I’m an Original Battlestar geek!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    lklawson and Twisty like this.
  13. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I would have never guessed ;):p

I used to stop whatever I was doing to watch Star Trek TNG, wife and kids would joke on me about it. Of course my son would stand in front of the TV like in a trance whenever Star Search came on. Couldn't possibly have had anything to do with the hot women they had on there.

Shame they got rid of Firefly...Shiny.

lklawson likes this.
  14. Claymore

Claymore Member

One of the last episodes "The Return of Starbuck"

15. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

Turn you fool, he's headed right for us!

16. mr_flintstone

Every time I come back to read this thread, as I scroll down Linda Carter catches my eye and I have to stop. Gal not so much, so I guess I’m going to vote Linda over Gal

lklawson and Rerun like this.
  17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Probably the only good episode of that series.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Zorba likes this.
  18. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I think this whole thread is garbage,
    ORIGINAL "STAR TREK" or it's TRASH

:rotfl:

Just my 2c, YMMV haha

19. mr_flintstone

I’ll agree that Star Trek TOS is the Grandfather of all modern Sci Fi, but the whole thread being garbage? You must be smoking banana peels. There’s been lots of good sci fi since 1969.

77F1F76F-DF5F-4743-BFA6-BB7448B3E3A4.jpeg

Zorba likes this.