Sling preferences

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by USMC_VET, May 8, 2014.

1. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

what is your preference for a sling for our Carbines .. a standard style , 3 point or single point bungee

looking to put a sling on my 995TS and kinda liking the Tactical bungee 1 point

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

ive tried a 3 point sling, and personally found it got in the way, ive since taken the sling completely off my 4595ts, but on my 4095ts i use a simple standard style Hogue ''no slip'' neoprene sling. nothing fancy, but its actually rather impressive in how it holds and works. picked it up on Ebay for like 30 bucks.
    i picked up another that my son uses on his 715t Mossy as well and he really likes it.

3. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I agree, the three point sling has the extra material (strap) that tends to get in the way.

Single point slings are great for a very short time of use. A single point sling is a bit too restrictive on adjusting the position where it rests on the shoulder.

I like two point slings best. It is as convenient as the single point sling but is more comfortable for for a longer period of time. The area where it rests on the shoulder allows for slight changes that the single point sling doesn't. Even a slight change in position makes it more comfortable.

In my opinion, slings with a sewn in bungee are much more comfortable than slings without the bungee. Convertible single point to two point slings are nice but are an unnecessary luxury.

4. XtrmTJ

XtrmTJ Member

Wa. St.
    I like the MS3, best of both worlds.
    Smitty

5. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

I like a 6 foot long piece of paracord looped around the front of the stock and tied off with a square knot.

eldar

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I like my single point. Not sure what sort Not2Many used to give him the troubles but the one I use is very comfortable for extended periods of time. I like how it allows me to sling it low to my hip if I need to work with both hands, or up higher to my chest area in a "ready" position, for lack of a better term. I also like how it stays where I put it when I'm not shooting and doesn't hang up when I shoulder the weapon.

7. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

the one i just ordered looks really comfortable and like you mentioned the single point offers better control of your rifle

8. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

Woop! I guess I didn't express myself correctly. It's not that I have any problems with any particular sling. What I simply should have said is that I prefer 2 point slings over single point or 3 point slings.

Sorry.

USMC_VET, I bet you'll like that sewn in bungee in that sling you ordered. I find the slings with bungee's help a lot with comfort.

9. Rachgier

Gotcha. Yeah on my longer hunting rifles and shotguns I prefer a 2 point, but on a short carbine like my 4095 I like the single point.

10. May i trouble you for the make and model of the sling you use sir?

11. Rachgier

It's just a Blackhawk Sportster single-point sling. I was able to use the stock sling loops that came with my 4095 but it also came with the universal single point adapter which I didn't like.

12. Much obliged sir, thankee