Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Sling relocation really necessary?

Tags
mods sling
3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Texas Shooter 
#1 ·
I'm a right handed shooter, and have put a sling on the factory installed side.... I do say, it's pretty awkward for a right hand shooter.

For those that have done the relocation/drill for the other side, was it worth the risk of screwing it up? I am handy with tools and it seems super straightforward but also don't like to ruin things that are "good enough".

Do you all recommend flipping the sling swivels to the left side of the rifle?

#2 ·
I'm a right handed shooter, and have put a sling on the factory installed side.... I do say, it's pretty awkward for a right hand shooter.

For those that have done the relocation/drill for the other side, was it worth the risk of screwing it up? I am handy with tools and it seems super straightforward but also don't like to ruin things that are "good enough".

I did it and no drilling was required. Just use the sling studs to pop out the anchor nut at the location you want to mount the sling, and swap it to the other side of the stock. They're just knurled on the edge for grip, so it won't damage anything.

Material property Auto part Gun accessory Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design Rim Tints and shades

Reactions: CowboyBob and Rerun
#3 ·
I did it and no drilling was required. Just use the sling studs to pop out the anchor nut at the location you want to mount the sling, and swap it to the other side of the stock. They're just knurled on the edge for grip, so it won't damage anything.

View attachment 68439

View attachment 68441
Cool. I saw a YT vid that implied unless you drilled for depth a bit that they wouldn't bite the nut pressed the opposite direction. Good to know that's not needed.

#6 ·
I swapped one for a single point, like Rach did, but the other guns I left alone, as I don't really use the sling to shoot the carbines, and the bolt handle digs in if the sling is on the left

#9 ·
Well. That wasn’t too hard, though I definitely chewed into the plastic on the forearm of the rifle before I got enough purchase on the nut. I think I’d agree with the YT guy that counter drilling the opposite side to get the nut farther in would have been the best move. I don’t really see what’s to stop the sling bolts from backing out though, regardless of what side they’re on? Just.... friction?

the charging handle doesn’t bug me at all tbh though

#11 ·
Well. That wasn't too hard, though I definitely chewed into the plastic on the forearm of the rifle before I got enough purchase on the nut. I think I'd agree with the YT guy that counter drilling the opposite side to get the nut farther in would have been the best move. I don't really see what's to stop the sling bolts from backing out though, regardless of what side they're on? Just.... friction?

the charging handle doesn't bug me at all tbh though
should not chew up anything. take the screw out and put it back in at an angle till it hits the nut and tap the screw with a hammer. put the nut over hole on other side and tap it flush with hammer. screw in swivel until nut moves in and stops and tightens the swivel in place.

#10 ·
Welcome to the site! Lots of cool aftermarket charging handles out there. Downrangeproducts is one.

#19 ·
You guys are making it harder than it is. Loosen the bolt and tap on the blot the nut will come out. Switch it around and re-tighten if you think its not going to stay put a dab of lock tight or nail polish on the threads

#21 ·

YES ... I'm right handed sooo , I took a drill bit that was just bigger than the hole on the left side and 1/2 deep and BAM I LOVE IT ! ... when I put the sling on and put it up it's it's perfectly in front of you just the way you want it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.