Sling swivels

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by talex22, Mar 3, 2014.

1. talex22

talex22 Member

I recently purchased a 995ts from a friend but he was unable to find the sling or the swivel studs. I was wondering what after market studs I could use to mount a single point sling without having to do a lot of drilling? Or if anyone had some of the original swivel studs laying around is gladly take them

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Call mom. They will ship them free to your house.

You can put one part way in, and then smack it to knock the nut out of the left side. Put the nut on the right side, install the sling on the left, and there's your single point.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014

3. talex22

talex22 Member

Awesome . Thanks for the info. I really am impressed with the gun. But not having a sling is a pain

4. talex22

talex22 Member

I have emailed mom a few times and tried calling several but have never been able to get a response or to get through. It's a lot of work for a five dollar part. Has anyone had any luck with after market ones that fit hi point? I'd rather spend the money and get them at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You need to call them at 7:59 AM Central time, and keep calling every 15-30 seconds until you get through.

If you do that, you will get through.

If you just don't want to do it, I suggest taking a nut out, taking it and the bolt to a hardware shop, and finding an eye bolt that fits. You can simply mash the eyebolt with hand tools to make it the shape you want. Then re-install with the nut on the right, if you want the sling on the left.

Another option would be the flat web style units that strap or Velcro around the butt and have a D ring.

Like this:http://www.grainger.com/product/11Z705?gclid=CMzEmvjp4r0CFa1j7AodCzIA-w&cm_mmc=PPC:GooglePLA-_-Security-_-Security%20Management%20and%20Law%20Enforcement-_-11Z705&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=11Z705&ef_id=UjZztAAAAf8jY7QF:20140415154036:s

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  6. talex22

talex22 Member

Yeah I've called 127 times so far. I was just hoping someone had success with after market ones cause gander mountain is only two miles from my house so I'd rather take the five minutes to buy ones than spend half an hour trying to get through. I understand they're busy, I'm not upset about it. Just wouldn't be worth my time to keep trying to get through then wait for them to arrive if I could just run to gander mountain and get some

7. talex22

talex22 Member

Got through finally. 3-5 days they should be here.. Love that warranty