Slipover grips for hi-point stock

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by mattk, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. mattk

    mattk Guest

    Hello all. i was wondering if someone could tell me where you purchase those slip-over grips that fit on the hi-point stock. i remember a couple different brands mentioned but cant seem to find the thread. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. hi there - there are Hogue grips some use. Some use bicycle inner tubes (I do). I think there are others as well. Here's a pick of my modified bike tube. I got my Hogues from a member but I'm sure you can get them online - others will chime in with locations I'm sure.


  3. mattk

    mattk Guest

    Thanks Newskate9. So you have the hogue grips but prefer the bike innertube? Why is this? That would save me a couple of bucks.
  4. yw. I wouldn't go as far as saying I prefer. I just see no real major difference for me at this point. I have H's on my XD and my 40 - but I got them for a steal. They both have finger grooves on them, so that inspired me to make grooves for the tubes. They work great, so being as cheap as the next guy, I thought why not. I installed a wrap around grip on my EMP and I love that. But not enough to buy some for the others I own. I'd show you a picture of it, but everytime I show that one, Taurus tells me I suck. :lol: :lol:

    Again, this is what works for me, give the options a shot and you'll find what works for you too.

    Let us know where you land - any learning helps the rest of the team too!