Slipover grips for hi-point stock

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by mattk, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mattk

mattk Guest

Hello all. i was wondering if someone could tell me where you purchase those slip-over grips that fit on the hi-point stock. i remember a couple different brands mentioned but cant seem to find the thread. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. hi there - there are Hogue grips some use. Some use bicycle inner tubes (I do). I think there are others as well. Here's a pick of my modified bike tube. I got my Hogues from a member but I'm sure you can get them online - others will chime in with locations I'm sure.

[​IMG]

3. mattk

mattk Guest

Thanks Newskate9. So you have the hogue grips but prefer the bike innertube? Why is this? That would save me a couple of bucks.

4. yw. I wouldn't go as far as saying I prefer. I just see no real major difference for me at this point. I have H's on my XD and my 40 - but I got them for a steal. They both have finger grooves on them, so that inspired me to make grooves for the tubes. They work great, so being as cheap as the next guy, I thought why not. I installed a wrap around grip on my EMP and I love that. But not enough to buy some for the others I own. I'd show you a picture of it, but everytime I show that one, Taurus tells me I suck. :lol: :lol:

Again, this is what works for me, give the options a shot and you'll find what works for you too.

Let us know where you land - any learning helps the rest of the team too!