Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I'm new I have a high point 9 mm carbine model number 995 grouping on this gun is horrible I have a 16x50 scope big ass scope on it I can hit a fly's ass one shot the next four or five shots are always two to three inches to the right or high and then I'll hit dead on again I have tried Federal rounds the grouping gets smaller whereas I was using Phoenix and tool ammo and I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem me and a friend of mine shot this gun and came to the conclusion that they're actually the rounds has anybody else had this problem if so can you suggest rounds thank you

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
You want us to diagnose a grouping issue with zero information?

Ammo weight, range to target, shooting position, supported or unsupported, is the scope mounted properly?

I don't even go past 15x on my .308 @1,000 yards so you have WAY too much scope on that gun.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you want help, start by giving the information Rachgier mentioned in his reply.

Here is my 995TS's grouping at 50 yds sighting with an el cheapo Edenberg ED-25 Red Dot 1x25mm. The carbine was supported by a bipod front and bag rear. There was no wind that day and humidity was about 65%. I don't know what the barometric pressure was. I use Blazer Brass range / practice ammo exclusively. It's not the greatest, but it gives me the best bang for the buck.

The grouping at 50 yards is ok:
Creative arts Art Circle Tableware Graphics

The grouping at 75 yards starts to spread horizontally probably due to my finger > trigger inconsistency:
Circle Font Art Graphics Pattern

And at 100 yards it is not, in my opinion, as reliable as I personally like. Perhaps switching up to a higher grade target round would close up the grouping at the 100 yard distance. And once again, I owe the left of target to my finger > trigger interaction and the fact that I couldn't even see the red dot on the target at 100 yards. 🤓
Colorfulness Rectangle Circle Tints and shades Recreation

Pay attention to Rachgier's advice.

🍀
Best Always,
Celt

·
Premium Member
22,318 Posts
@Celtic red dots on a target with a red bull's eye? I don't work for me.

Reactions: Celtic

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,263 Posts
Hello everybody I'm new I have a high point 9 mm carbine model number 995 grouping on this gun is horrible I have a 16x50 scope big ass scope on it I can hit a fly's ass one shot the next four or five shots are always two to three inches to the right or high and then I'll hit dead on again I have tried Federal rounds the grouping gets smaller whereas I was using Phoenix and tool ammo and I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem me and a friend of mine shot this gun and came to the conclusion that they're actually the rounds has anybody else had this problem if so can you suggest rounds thank you
Way way way too much scope like Rach stated, its a PCC. I think I have a 4x on mine. I think the only "Large scope" I have is a 4-18x50 on my 308 I use for hunting. Rarely goes past 12x. But hey, use w/e scope you feel comfortable with.

Anyway...

If the scope was loose the shots would be all over the place.

If it was the barrel you should technically never hit where you aim.

Crap ammo can make a 2" MOA difference even at close ranges.

Could even be trigger control, if you are hitting where you are aiming one out of every 4-5 shots, it very well could be trigger control, breathing etc.

Not sure on your experience shooting etc either but just some observations.

Reactions: Think1st and Celtic

·
Premium Member
36,969 Posts
25 yards, classic 995, unsupported at 25 yards with a reflex type red dot. Ammo makes a HUGE difference, so find one that groups, zero with it, then stick with that one.

Also, the lots can vary. So if you buy some Blazer brass or American Eagle that is excellent, 2 years later when you buy some more….you’re starting over. If you buy some that works well….get back to that same store pronto, and buy a pile of it from that same lot.

• Love
Reactions: Celtic

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,263 Posts
2 MOA or 2 inches?
Prolly should have said inches...

Was thinking 100yds in my head, but yeah 2 inches easy at 25 yds with crap ammo

Edit: Even then I'll take 2 MOA at 100 yards lol

Yeah sometimes we have brain farts...

·
Premium Member
26,440 Posts
Prolly should have said inches...

Was thinking 100yds in my head, but yeah 2 inches easy at 25 yds with crap ammo

Edit: Even then I'll take 2 MOA at 100 yards lol

Yeah sometimes we have brain farts...
Well I was going to be a smart ass and ask if 2" MOA's was like in/lbs with a torque wrench...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts