Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-point creates, as far as I care, a fine series of full-sized handguns.

Unfortunatly, full-sized handguns in general (not just by hipoint) aren't always practical to carry comfortably in a concealed manner. A mini-c9 would be at the top of my list of "Stuff I HAVE to get".

Just an artistic interpretation, not to be hyperanalyzed.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Actually CC a C9 is very easy AND comfortable. No need for a smaller C9
when you cc the C-9, is it IWB or OWB? it seems like IWB would be uncomfortable, but i havent had the chance to try.

i like the OP picture, i think it could be done in .22LR or magnum. it make for a cool BUG.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I think that this is a great idea. I recognize that downsizing has a limit: Kel-Tecs are _much_ smaller by virtue of their locked breech design, but Jimenez JA-NINES are _somewhat_ smaller, and are still blowbacks. Though I am not an armorer/designer I suspect that HP slides are generously oversized, and some paring is probably possible.

And don't get me started on the bulbous grips. Comfy at the range? Sure, but not so good for concealed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No doubt. Using a zamac-3 material they could cast something about the size of the old Davis/Cobra CA series. It would be concealable. Use a Hi Point photo...reduce the frame and slide (minus the trigger guard) by %15-30. Drag the trigger guard back in...and there it is!

·
Registered
317 Posts
First off the C-9 is already a compact firearm, that s what the C stands for. I have an IWB holster for my C-9 and it does not feel that uncomfortable. I do not have any printing problems, I am also a big guy so that might have something to do with it.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
when you cc the C-9, is it IWB or OWB? it seems like IWB would be uncomfortable, but i havent had the chance to try.

i like the OP picture, i think it could be done in .22LR or magnum. it make for a cool BUG.
I've done both but prefer the Fobus
on the hip?

forgive me, there is a lot of CC i don't know.

i'm a small person (5'8", 160), so i think the C9 would be hard to CC on the hip for me. maybe at 6 o'clock i could do IWB. but i think the hip would be out of the question with the large slide.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's your opinion, which works for your situation... But not everyone's. There's a reason why most companies have insanely small pistols... There's also a reason this company doesn't sell holsters for their guns lol..

Try concealing a c9 with beltless shorts, and a tucked white tanktop lol.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
my c9 isnt really that hard to conceal....but for some the weight is a little much. i live in rural NV, so you can open carry quite a bit and not get crazy looks....actually common in some area's.
how do you CC yours?
in the winter i have a holster sewn into my wool coat. $20 from my girlfriends seamstress.

summer's another story though, when im not at work its usually shorts & flip flops.....but im still young enough to wear baggy ass shorts and not look out of place, LOL. during the summer my c9 spends most of its time in a holster between the seat of my dodge....

im a service tech, and i go randomly in and out of commiefornia (from NV).....and they have some crazy ass laws....and checkpoints on every major hwy into the state. its a major pain in the ass......so it usually doesnt go with me while im @ work....which sucks, because i work up in the sierra nv mts alot.....ive run into bear twice while @ work....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No doubt. Using a zamac-3 material they could cast something about the size of the old Davis/Cobra CA series. It would be concealable. Use a Hi Point photo...reduce the frame and slide (minus the trigger guard) by %15-30. Drag the trigger guard back in...and there it is!
Not quiiiite that simple. The magazine well would need to stay the same width, and the port would need the same dimensions

C9 above, and what you described below.

I would have kind of hope for something even more compact... You know... A COMPACT handgun lol. That's more like a shorter-barreled, fullsize gun... Hipoints guns are just too big =(

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
That's your opinion, which works for your situation... But not everyone's. There's a reason why most companies have insanely small pistols... There's also a reason this company doesn't sell holsters for their guns lol..

Try concealing a c9 with beltless shorts, and a tucked white tanktop lol.
OK smartguy WHAT firearm company sell holsters for the weapons they make. And what MORON would try to carry anything with beltless shorts and a tanktop!! Any fool with half a brain won't carry without a belt on anyway!

·
Registered
43 Posts
[/quote] OK smartguy WHAT firearm company sell holsters for the weapons they make. And what MORON would try to carry anything with beltless shorts and a tanktop!! Any fool with half a brain won't carry without a belt on anyway!
[/quote]

ever seen an XD or an XDc, full kit with a holster + double mag pouch.....
http://www.springfield-armory.com/specialoffers.php

or possibly this little known company
http://www.glock.com/english/index_acc.htm

one more seldom heard of...
https://www.berettausa.com/e2wShopp...k=2100000084:3100001318:3100001336:3100001470

and i'm one of those "fools" who carries w/o belt. my PX4/Fobus paddle combo works equally well with or without a belt.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
and when you draw your pistol and the holster comes with it, you can laugh all the way to the graveyard. BTDT, learned my lesson.

SW
That is exactly right. Especially a fobus.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.