smart phone thru sight

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by RedBird94, Feb 8, 2015.

1. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

I saw a gadget on line a while back that let you look at the screen of your smart phone, and record your scope sight picture and result. I believe you can actually sight the gun using this. Curious if anyone has tried this. If they have I would love to see pictures of the results.

2. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I suppose next, someone is gonna tell me that a 'smartphone' can simulate 'real' sex. :eek:

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

If you're just going to use it to record your target shooting, attach it to your spotting scope so its out of the way.

4. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

this actually looks thru your scope. you can use the zoom on the phone camera. and record what you shoot. seemed pretty cool. Put the rifle on the stand, sight thru the phone zoom in as needed, fire, and keep a record of your shots. why not?

5. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

The reason you would put the phone on your spotting scope is so you could record the shots on the target while YOU are using the rifle and scope to do the actual shooting. If all you want to do is to record shots taken while your rifle is clamped into a rest... what does it show? I would think you would rather record your actual shooting abilities....

6. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

no no. it attaches to the actual scope on your rifle. You can use the zoom on the camera to magnify, just like you would on a zoom scope. except see it on a 4" or what ever size screen. Was thinking about when you are sighting in a scope with the rifle in a bench rest. step back fire it on an enlarged screen. Could be interesting

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I knew it was just a matter of time before a cell phone holder became a tacticool accessory.

8. slade601

slade601 Member

Next is the kitchen sink ;)