Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Jonathan Garber -- September 9th 2021

Gun maker Smith & Wesson Brands Inc. will relocate its headquarters to Tennessee next year due to proposed firearms legislation in its home state of Massachusetts.

The legislation, if enacted, would prevent Smith & Wesson from manufacturing products that accounted for more than 60% of its revenue last year.

"These bills would prevent Smith & Wesson from manufacturing firearms that are legal in almost every state in America and that are safely used by tens of millions of law-abiding citizens every day exercising their Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights," Smith & Wesson Chief Executive Officer Mark Smith said in a statement.

Smith & Wesson has been located in Springfield, Massachusetts, since being incorporated in 1852. That facility will remain operational, but others in Connecticut and Missouri will close as part of the consolidation.

Upward of 750 jobs will move from those facilities to the new headquarters in Maryville, Tennessee. Employees who cannot make the move will be offered enhanced severance and job placement services.

Read more at: Smith & Wesson to move headquarters to Tennessee over Massachusetts' proposed gun legislation

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why keep anything in Massachusetts Smith & Wesson? The Massachusetts politicians are just going to use tax dollars they take from you to further erode and destroy the 2nd Amendment liberties of the people.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
It seems to me that S&W is missing the point - they should relocate their manufacturing plant(s) to...
somewhere along the Mississippi River.

eldar
They are.... The whole circus is moving. All 550 manufacturing jobs....

You should do some research on occasion...

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
I wish Ruger would move their headquarters to a more friendly state. Kimber....who cares.
Don't forget Savage Arms still lives there too and publically said the new proposed laws don't affect them because they're in a totally different market...

Talk about the Fuddiest answer EVER! It's like listening to a Marine say he doesn't care what gun laws Cali comes up with about semiautomatic handguns and rifles, because HE only shoots bolt action rifles now and his 995 just sits in the safe....

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
Rachgier,

the first answer you gave stated the HQ was moving - nothing about the factory..

Which is why I mentioned my opinion about moving the factory.

eldar

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Rachgier,

the first answer you gave stated the HQ was moving - nothing about the factory..

Which is why I mentioned my opinion about moving the factory.

eldar
But it took you more time to post an incorrect opinion based on incomplete information from an improper ask than it would have to find the required intel... You asked where they are currently manufacturing firearms. Not if the manufacturing division was following suit. You have to ask targeted questions if you want specific answers...

If you had taken the time to research where the plant was, instead of asking where it was, you would have seen that the whole show is pulling up stakes.

·
Registered
703 Posts
But it took you more time to post an incorrect opinion based on incomplete information from an improper ask than it would have to find the required intel... You asked where they are currently manufacturing firearms. Not if the manufacturing division was following suit. You have to ask targeted questions if you want specific answers...

If you had taken the time to research where the plant was, instead of asking where it was, you would have seen that the whole show is pulling up stakes.
... and some think I'm passive/aggressive? LOL.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
... and some think I'm passive/aggressive? LOL.
Where, exactly, is the indirectly expressed negativity in my statement? I flat out told him he got the answer he asked for and next time he should ask the right question or put in his own work...

It would seem I directly expressed my negativity without going full asshole on him. Would you prefer if I had just said something mean?

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts

A proper answer to my first question would have included the factory move as well.

eldar

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
A proper answer to my first question would have included the factory move as well.

eldar
But it was the right answer. You asked where it IS not if it was moving, where it will be, or when it will get there. Because S&W actually has four; 1, 2, 3, 4, facilities in Springfield, Connecticut, Missouri, and Maine with their main and most significant manufacturing activity occurring in Springfield.

They have not yet begun construction inTennessee and are consolidating their production lines to the new facility in Tennessee, shuttering the Connecticut and Missouri facilities while keeping some of their 1,000+ manufacturing jobs in Springfield. Operations at their Maine facility will not be affected at all...

Maybe I should have just been aggressive aggressive to satisfy Duane, and told you to look it up your damn self instead of giving you the only factual answer to your damn question.

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
You answered my first the way you did, not just because it was the correct answer but, because you were thinking "watch me pull eldar's chain" answer.

You used to not be this picayune.

I'm sorry life has been so rough on you - medical issues, relationship issues, career changes, ignorant people, moves, children, and old folk like me.

Remember this - you are the Best Forum Administrator I've ever had the pleasure of communicating with, bar none!

Thank you for everything you do.

Respectfully

eldar

1 - 20 of 28 Posts