1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I understand S&W has improved the Sigma a great deal, I just don't care for striker fired pistols. The trigger never feels right to me. A good friend has one and shoots it very well. He's put about 500 round of mostly WWB through it and only had 1 jam, a stove pipe midway through the first mag.

Ron M.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. I am sure my buddy will enjoy his first and new pistol. Especially for only 299.00!
Aries

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the 40 version. Sadly I've not been able to shoot it much. Maybe 150 rounds through it. Not a single issue came up and easy to break down for cleaning. Since this is about the first time I've shot a hand gun I'm assuming the bad aim is me, not the gun. Seems to be low and right which I would guess is from the long/heavy trigger pull causing me to pull the gun that direction. maybe? or I just need more practice.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The Sigma 9 & 40 are great pistols for the price.IMO The only thing I didn't like about the sigma out of the box was the trigger pull. But a trip to the S&W factory solved those problems. Replaced them with M&P's to get the Ambi mag release. Otherwise I would still have them.

Walt

·
Registered
86 Posts
I never did like them and probably never will. My buddy let me shoot his Sigma and 3 rounds later I gave it back to him and told him to keep it.

Between the huge trigger pull and long trigger travel and the 2 piece plastic trigger design pinching the SH#$ out of my finger, I couldn't hit the side of a barn if I was 10 yards from one mostly since it was my first time shooting one. To me it felt utterly uncomfortable in my hand.

Even though it performed well and shot solid, I still would never have the desire to buy one, or really even take one if someone gave it to me.

Just wasn't my bag IMO.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I have owned a couple of sigmas over the years. They are great little pistols. one had a light striking fireing pin but the local smith fixed her right up for mr free of chardge. I will likely get another one as i am starting to get a few more 9mm's

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just learned from another site to call Frank at the texas phone number on the back of your instructions. Tell him your trigger is rough/hard. Don't ask for a "trigger job". He was very nice but did not seem to like that term at all. Basically you just fedex the gun to him (on S&W's dime) and he'll smooth out and lighten the trigger. Said it will be about a week. Going to have to rely on old Scatters McShotty with the 3 inch 00 buckshot to protect me. I think I'll be ok.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have both the 40VE and the 9VE. Roughly about 1000 rounds through each. Triggers are lighter now than NIB. I've only had one failure to feed on the 40VE. That was due to a reloaded round being over long, sticking in the chamber, and not allowing the slide to go into battery. Cleared that round and continued firing with not another problem since.

Great guns, great price and a great American manufacturer.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Do them sigma 40 sw fully support the case of the bullet when it's in the barrel do you know?
Yep. Full case support for the .40S&W round. Glock was the only manufacturer, IIRC, that had the unsupported chamber in their early models for this caliber. S&W has always had a fully supported chamber for this round.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.