SN needed to order TS 995 stock

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by rowdog_14, May 20, 2016.

1. rowdog_14

rowdog_14 Member

Just wondering why Hi Point would need a SN to buy a stock for my 995 since the SN is not on the stock? Unless they engrave it on the stock somewhere?

Trying to upgrade my dads old 995 to a new look and do not have the SN nor do I want to call him and spoil the surprise by asking for his SN.

2. I think they want to make sure you aren't going to sell the TS stock at a profit... its standard procedure now for factory stuff apparently.

I've never heard of any TS stock being incompatible with any of the original monkey gun receivers though.

3. rowdog_14

rowdog_14 Member

Any other place that I could buy it? I have search and they are the only people other than buy the ATI one, which I do not want.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Keep your eye on ebay & GB?

5. I don't know why they'd strictly require a serial on something like the stock. A barrel, an action, etc. okay I guess I understand, but not on a stock.

I've seen them on eBay I know. You may want to check the BST section here on the forum too.

6. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    You would need the gun to do the mod? Either tell MOM the same reason here and see what happens or Get the S/N under another reason from your dad. Like you are researching history, etc.

7. rowdog_14

rowdog_14 Member

Dane, not literally upgrade but provide an upgrade for him to upgrade his 995.

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

PM sent, check your in box.

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I could have sworn that someone mentioned this in a previous TS stock purchase and upon questioning the person on the phone said they were tracking S/N's for warranty purposes? I could just be remembering the conversation wrong, or it could be a complete figment of my imagination.

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
  11. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

I think you are correct. I seem to recall reading some thing like that awhile back.

12. Rachgier

Wasn't it back around the same time they threatened to start charging for shipping on accessories?

13. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Possibly. I can't remember for sure. It may also have been in one of the threads where Warranty verbiage now versus the past was discussed. :confused:

14. Rachgier

HA! There's no telling how far back we talked about the S/N thing then.

15. rowdog_14

rowdog_14 Member

To the guy that posted the eBay one must be on crack :) I saw that one day ago and will keep the factory stock one for him before I pay a little over double :)

@satch001 I did not even go into the actual discription I saw the details on the main 9mm carbine page. I should have click on it for more details.

This is what I read.
    http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/products.php?cat=9

To add to it I was also scared to order something in my name for a gun I do not have and provide a SN. Turn around and something be up with the gun.

Also, now that I think about it they did ask me for my SN a few years back when my firing pin bent in my 380.

Thanks guys

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  16. Rachgier

That's melvin. The self proclaimed and self appointed hi point historian. If he can't find a model he wants for double it's value, he'll make one. Then he'll post pictures of his entire collection at the mere mention of wanting more than one.

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Here's a silly thought. Since it's a purchased item and not free warranty work, just tell them you want it for a project that doesn't even concern them and just buy the damn thing. "Me and a buddy are having a contest as to who can build the best rubber band gun and I feel the 995ts stock is a perfect affordable starting point."

18. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

If anybody is really so worried about giving HP their serial number, just change the last few digits of their number. Jezzzz.