Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my Rough Rider today. Yippy!!!!! I Got this thing mainly to take out snakes while I am hunting, but it is fun playing cowboy as well. Any way enough talking here are the pics.

Snake Shot at 6ft

.22lr at 15yrds

Can at 7yrds

Feet

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
LMAO @ the feet dude!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I have the same one but with their mother of pearl black grips. You just can't beat shooting the .22s right now. 8)

·
Registered
114 Posts
The more I see these, the more I want one. Will probably be a spur of the moment purchase the first time I see one at a local shop.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You guys keep showing off these Heritage guns... I am going to have to get one. One of my local shops has the white pearl grip, which just looks awesome. Looks to have some good accuracy, too, from your pics. They come with both a .22LR and .22WMR cylinder, right?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks to have some good accuracy, too, from your pics.
You think so? I thought I was a bit off my game when I shot that group. I did much better with my Ruger that same day, but it may be that I am just getting use to the new grip angle.

They come with both a .22LR and .22WMR cylinder, right?
Yep!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Don't forget that if the gun is straight out of the box, you'll have to sight it in. I have a friend of mine that got one similar to yours in looks a few years ago, and he couldn't hit squat until I put my laser bore sight on it and got it dead on at 25 yards. I don't know if his was a Heritage though, he had adjustable rear sights, and by the pics, it doesn't appear as if yours does.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Those heritage .22's (I had one and loved it while I had it), had fixed front and rear sights. But they're still a lotta fun to shoot. And yeah, they do come with both the 22 and 22WMR cylinder.

That .22WMR is a really fun round BTW if not a bit pricey.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't forget that if the gun is straight out of the box, you'll have to sight it in. I have a friend of mine that got one similar to yours in looks a few years ago, and he couldn't hit squat until I put my laser bore sight on it and got it dead on at 25 yards. I don't know if his was a Heritage though, he had adjustable rear sights, and by the pics, it doesn't appear as if yours does.
Nope it has fixed sights, they are as good as they are going to get but it's good enough for me. Like I said before, this gun is for taking out snakes or maybe a coyote when I am hunting and some just for fun plinking. I don't need it to drive nails at 25 yards, just work when I need it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
who makes that? (like the handles)
My wife likes them too, but I am not sure how I feel about them yet. I think I may get the COCOBOLO ones to match my Ruger Mk3, I just like the traditional look a bit more.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
For fixed sights at 15 yards with a pistol, I'd say that isn't bad shooting... especially for your first time out with it. Every time I get a new gun, I always get some flyers until I get used to it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For fixed sights at 15 yards with a pistol, I'd say that isn't bad shooting... especially for your first time out with it. Every time I get a new gun, I always get some flyers until I get used to it.
Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts