So are Glocks gonna get cheaper?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by lklawson, Nov 24, 2017.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    ?? I saw plenty??

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

they like you, they hate me

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

OK went and clicked on them. $20 off. Not enough discount VS a blue label.

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Blue Label?

6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Yea Trashy, what the heck does your Blue Label mean?

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

He says he qualified for a LEO/MIL discount.

OldOutlaw and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

As Lance Link Secret Chimp I can get the discount. Either that I joined up for GSSF for 2 years and you get the discount for one gun every 2 years.:p

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    My SIL maybe interested in that. Is there info anywhere for him?

10. moona11

Have him contact his armor or the local gun dealer that sells what ever brand if gun that he wants. They can tell him what info they need to sell to him with blue label discount. Here the gun shops are different as to who has the blue label discount for glock, sig, M&p, Remington. But all of them I had to have a memo with letterhead from my supervisor and a copy of my department ID. You can look online for which lgs has the BL deal from the gun company.

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Thanks !

There is one not to far from him.

LE DISTRIBUTORS

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  12. TNTRAILERTRASH

From what I was told at a LGS they get certain Glocks in designated as Blue Label. They had a G30 in at that time. I was more interested in buying a safe at the time. They were stupid expensive on PT111G2's. $368 IIRC :rolleyes:

13. moona11

Dealers that qualify as LEO dealers can get you any gun offered through the program. I also qualified for the armors deal. That was any where from 50% to 35% off on any weapon offered by the manufacturer. It was a 2 month wait after ordered from the manufacturer and the check cleared. The weapon was then sent to what ever lgs you wanted.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  14. osbornk

osbornk Hillbilly on a motorcycle Member

I paid $199.99 plus tax and a $2 background check at my local Cabelas on sale for my PT111 G2 Taurus. It shoots and fees better to me than a Glock 19 and it has been flawless in the first 1,000 rounds. I paid less for my PT111 than my son-in-law spent in upgrades to his Glock 19.

lklawson likes this.
  15. Jhow79

Jhow79 Supporting Member

moona11 is dead on about the blue label progam, any authorized Glock dealer can give you the info.
    Glock is not Going to lower their retail pricing , the name alone sells guns, they have no reason to. Most Glock buyers are repeat owners anyways and will pay the price .

16. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Cuz of the low price I had considered buying one as a "truck gun", even rented one at the local range. Hate the long trigger pull but in an emergency I figure that wouldn't be that big a deal.

Went back to the gun shop to try it again.

"Sorry, it's broken and back at the factory for repairs" was the reply. Took 6 months to get it fixed.

I bought something else.

17. shubbell

shubbell Member

I got my 23 G4 at blue label price. I am getting myself a G22 G4 for Christmas. Unfortunately it will not be blue label price as it is all FDE. I guess I am a fanboi as this will be the only multiple brand I have in a handgun. Plus I will replace the sights and trigger so it will be that much more. Sigh. But the darn things fit my hand so well and I love how they shoot once the crappy sights are replaced. It will also be my only "full sized" pistol besides my JCP40, and a couple of BP's. I don't really count them though as I would never carry them. I haul the HP in my pickup in a lock box bolted to the floor. My main carry piece is a Shield .40. I am really not sure what I will do with the G22, I just want it :) and it will match my S2k and AK. It is all about accessorizing....

Dane likes this.
  18. TNTRAILERTRASH

Accuracy is a problem with both of my Taurus pistols. 709slim and the PT111. Easier to Replace. I have no need for another 9 in full size. The 19 feels better in my hand. The grip is too short on the 111. I prefer to carry it because of the rough grip, and capacity over my Shield9. The Shield is more accurate.

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

Aluminum-notty discount.

20. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

You know what, if he qualified, I need to seriously look into that! I've been an LEO for a few, and before that the Army. Got the papers to prove both.

In fact, as Iowa Carry Laws are now, I get my weapons permit
    without all the training others have to take. I just showed them my discharge papers, they copied for my file, and said you are good to go. Here is your carry permit for 5 years. HMMMMMMMM?

lklawson likes this.