So help me with a rifle list

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by bombadillo, Dec 8, 2007.

1. bombadillo

bombadillo Member

To start the story, I was trying to get an RAA saiga .223 but in california right now its a touchy little beast. Cliff notes are I am not able to get it right now because of our governator. So, now I have about $350 credit at thegunsource.com and need a rifle. I would like a .223 or a .308. I have looked at sniper rifles, and ar rifles. I have a price cap of 500 bucks on the whole deal right now or in that rough ballpark. Throw out some fun ideas that are california legal and fun to shoot. remington 700 (which model) Any advice welcome, and any ideas great!

2. jason865

jason865 Guest

The ruger mini 14 and mini 30 come to mind first when I think of those calibers in a non-military style of weapon.

Personally, I would save a bit more and either build or buy a cali legal ar. I am a big fan of Ar's though, not everyone likes them quite as much.

I noticed they are rather proud of some of thier firearms at that website. The Oly arms plinker plus can be had for $599 online easily and they were $700+ through that site.

3. bombadillo

bombadillo Member

I actually have an off list lower that I'm in my 10 day waiting period for right now. I have an sks on backorder, and I'm building somewhat of a precision rifle. I'm going back and forth between a rem. 700 howa 1500 and a savage 10fp

4. jason865

jason865 Guest

In that case, I would do the remington 700. I havent looked into them enough to recomend what model. I got to shoot one a few weeks back, and those rifles are awesome at long distances.

5. The advantage to the savage is the accu-trigger those are sweet i have one on my 17hmr and my next bolt action will have one also! Just try to get a heavy barrel either bull or match grade if possible