Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that was what my brother-in-law had called to tell me, and I already knew what he meant.

let me guess.. it's a Hi-Point?
...yup...

995 carbine?
yup, an assault rifle....
:mad:
so how much?
$150...

so I am now the proud owner of one Hi-point "assault rifle" 9mm.
:D

pics to follow shortly....

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
enjoy your new "ass-salt" weapon. cause i'm pretty sure its not an "assault weapon"
it just cracks me up considering thats the second time this week that I heard a 995 called that...
just goes to show you how far the misnomer has spread among the general population...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well I have this assault axe for sale 10.00 and it has already been used to kill once! I picked it up at a police auction and the story goes that a mother use it to kill her ex husband when he broke in to kill her and the children.... whether or not that is true... who knows but it does go to show that anything can be used for assault even bare hands!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
there was a case here a while back where a guy was charged with assault after whacking another guy over the head with a cucumber at a farmers market.

SW
i could see if the guy tried to bend him over and jam it up his A**. thats assault lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Every time I hear someone say that I gently remind them that it is a low capacity SEMI-automatic firearm chambered for a couple of the least powerful centerfire calibers generally available in a rifle.
Getting a simple plinking rifle lumped in under the same phrase properly used for automatic, and select fire rifles is part of the plan of the VPC/Brady bunch crowd. That intentional deception on the subject should be discussed at any opportunity whenever a gun owner buys in to that term.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I just don't understand why some people say something is an assault rifle just because it's semi automatic. Using that line of logic, my Swiss Army Knife equates to a Machete because it's sharp.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
ive learned from trail and error that the average person doesnt know the difference between semi and full auto and doenst really care. they repeat what they hear on CNN. fudds can be educated albiet slowly and with much repitition.

SW

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Getting a simple plinking rifle lumped in under the same phrase properly used for automatic, and select fire rifles is part of the plan of the VPC/Brady bunch crowd. That intentional deception on the subject should be discussed at any opportunity whenever a gun owner buys in to that term.
Amen to that, that is the whole strategy there, then in the end, "everybody" knows what an ass-ult rifle is!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, I just took my new 995 to the mountain, and after about 5 rounds, it starts to FTE every round... ya'll think this is the mag springs, the feed lip, or the extractor?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Is it in the factory stock or ATI? If it is the factory stock, make sure the receiver cover bolts aren't too tight, as it can cause the bolt to bind up a bit.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Selective fire is the main criteria to become an assault rifle? Right? Oh and the whole larger than a pistol caliber yet smaller than a rifle caliber? Am I right?

Their was a mass killing the other day a few towns over from me and now people are starting to freak out about assault rifles over here. Its retarted.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My wife saw a fox report last night on this "Ban", and I talked to her about this.
Her view is anything that holds over 5 rounds is an "assualt" weapon.
Again, she was born and raised in Anti-Gun Hawaii.
According to her, I guess I should rush right out, and get my High-Points now, before they are banned.....
If that's her thought after being around me all these years, What does the general population, who knows nothing of guns, think ????

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it in the factory stock or ATI? If it is the factory stock, make sure the receiver cover bolts aren't too tight, as it can cause the bolt to bind up a bit.
it's in the factory stock. I'll have to try that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts