Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sore Shoulder Club that is! :devilsidesmile: I finally went out and shot my Yugo M24 and my Polish M44 this weekend. And it was awesome!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Cool dude..I went, Saturday the 26th, to the "Gathering in Ohio" and finally shot one of my Mosins..I agree with the awesome 100% deal. Although not all original..a Mosin is a Mosin pretty much. Old guns are great regardless.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
How black & blue was your shoulder? That's the real badge of honor. The first time I shot my M44 (off sand bags) my old shoulder was B&B and sore for about 4 days. Now I reload and only shoot reduced loads off of a rest. If I shoot standing I can handle most of the old military stuff. Have fun they are a blast to shoot. Especially at night. :D

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Glad you had a good time but I still fail to see or feel the harsh kick that everybody complains about. My wife and 11yr old son shoot all of our milsurps with full military loads and have yet to suffer from soreness or bruising. Oh and if you think the M44 is bad, then wait til you shoot an M38 or M91/59, then if you are feeling brave try a Steyr M95 Carbine in 8X56R, that one leaves any Mosin in the dust.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I started wearing my shotgun vest with the gel pack on the shoulder. :)

It holds the 7.62x54r brown paper bags nicely too.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Glad you had a good time but I still fail to see or feel the harsh kick that everybody complains about. My wife and 11yr old son shoot all of our milsurps with full military loads and have yet to suffer from soreness or bruising. Oh and if you think the M44 is bad, then wait til you shoot an M38 or M91/59, then if you are feeling brave try a Steyr M95 Carbine in 8X56R, that one leaves any Mosin in the dust.
I had an m38 and with that metal butt pad I had some serious kick! Though I never went home with a bruised shoulder. Wish I wouldn't have sold that one..

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Mauser wasn't bad at all, the M44 had the most kick I have ever experienced, which isn't saying much, before these rifles I had only shot a 12g an AR15 and a PS90.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How black & blue was your shoulder? That's the real badge of honor. The first time I shot my M44 (off sand bags) my old shoulder was B&B and sore for about 4 days. Now I reload and only shoot reduced loads off of a rest. If I shoot standing I can handle most of the old military stuff. Have fun they are a blast to shoot. Especially at night. :D
It turned more yellow than anything, I shot 25 rounds of 8mm and 20 rounds of 54R. The Mauser cut me a few times though... well you know how the buttplate is held on by 2 screws? Well the top one when I first got it, the head of it was bent to smooth it out and line it up with the top of the stock. Well when I took the buttplate off to clean off the cosmo that screw didn't line up again when I put it back on.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and if it makes a difference, I was shooting late '70s milsurp Romanian out of the Mauser, and I think early '80s milsurp Bulgarian out of the M44.

·
Registered
103 Posts
welcome to the club hope you like your stay. about a month ago i shot a competition with my mosin at a local gun club and i shot 120 rounds of ammo through my mosin (3 matches) 10 rounds slow prone 10 rounds fast prone with stripper clips and 10 rounds standing with practice shots to sight in my rifle. and i kid you not i had a bruse that was 2 by 4.5 inches that was many diffrent colors. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts