So I made a Kydex holster.

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by JohanBroad, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JohanBroad

JohanBroad Member

Over the last few months, I looked at various holsters. IWB, Shoulder Rigs, OWB, etc..

I remember thinking "I could make that" several times.

So I ordered some .08" Kydex sheets off of Amazon.

I also needed some stuff to make a press. I called a local carpet store and they gave me some padding samples, just because I asked nicely. :)

My wife refused to let me use the oven, but I did have a heat gun I picked up at Harbor Freight, it worked fine, you just have to keep the gun moving.

My angle grinder and drill took care of the cutting and hole-making, and a flap disk took care of the final shaping and smoothing. I used my improvised press (two old cutting boards, carpet padding, and some paving stones) to do the main molding. I used the heat gun and my hands to tweek the final shape and adjust the tension so I can actually draw my pistol and re-holster.

I did not take pics during the build, mainly because I was too busy building it. to document the process.

So here are a few pics of my new Kydex IWB holster:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. lsi1

lsi1 Member

have you carried it yet?

I've played around with a couple of the hybrid holsters heating them and reforming them around a new carry pistol but have never gone that extra step of building a press and using new kydex.

3. JohanBroad

JohanBroad Member

Not yet, I just finished it last night.

I have tried it on, and I know I'll have to make a few adjustments to make it perfect.