Featured SO I made these things...... 995 gear

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by CamoDeafie, May 15, 2016.

1. So I made these things..... after a long absence from this forum (had forgotten my password)..

two Chest rigs for the 20rd magazines; a 4-cell plus 2 utility pockets chest rig, simple X harness, horizontal mags.... that was the first one made, because I figured horizontal pull would be more ergonomic than the usual vertical stuff.... turns out given my body type, the mag handles stick out a bit far :rolleyes: oh well, works good on plate carrier/flat people though...

Second rig, 8-cell, 4x 20rd mags and up to 4 factory 10 rd magazines, vertical set up, ran out of 1.5" material for the harness so used 1" straps to connect to a commercial ALICE/M1967 H harness pad set... works better this way.

EDIT: Also shown, a micro rig with 4x USGI MOLLE Pistol pouches that could hold up to 8 HP 9mm mags, and the very first thing I made for the 20rd mags, out of scrap material (420D pack cloth), a bandolier with D rings for shoulder straps.
    Not sure if there's a market for these.. given that it would cost me some money and a lot of my time, since I am but one guy with an old machine :)
    What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. cruiser

cruiser Member

Excellent! Very nice.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Iraq
    Nice work welcome back

4. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Those are really nice. Your quality looks GREAT to me. Well done sir, well done! :)

5. Because of the Redball magazine shape and stabilizer knob in the middle, I could not just do a similar pocket design like the Aussie F1 Sterling curved mag pouches, or the MP7 wide pocket design, and because of the end caps, I decided a knife sheath style retention strap would work...I was unable to get any of the 20rd magazines to fall out with the straps wrapped and snapped around them, so that is a very positive retention system here... Also, might not be noticeable, but the vertical pockets all have drainage ports... I simply triple-sewed between the centers of the pockets and left approximately 3/8" gaps between stitches in the center of the pockets , so as to provide generous drainage without needing grommets or burning holes in the fabric.

6. lschattler44

lschattler44 Member

Very nice!

Your designs are really quite awesome! I was thinking of some kind of belt holster for the 20 round Red Ball mags...maybe a 2 or 3 mag holder? The mag seems to ride rather nicely on the hip at about the bend point, and would provide a rather minimalist way to carry more of the hi-cap mags. I have a kydex mag holder for my PF9 that the Red Ball fits in, and it seems to hold pretty well, but I'm sure you could come up with something much better. Just a thought.

7. vertical oriented, or angled, or horizontally? I was thinking, depending on which hand you load with, a horizontal mag carrier for two 20rd mags, could work okay....similar in shape to the horizontal chest rig magazine holders, where half of the mags are angled downwards, but the handles/bottoms are horizontal... However, if vertical, it would be 3-cell, as it requires about 1.75" of space from where the angled strap is in relation to the vertical pocket, and that is a good spot to put the factory 10rd magazine underneath, to make the most of the space available on the fabric plan. Me being me, I would make it able to fit on both a MOLLE vest, a MOLLE belt, or a normal belt... not sure if should also have leg strap if belt rig style... simply due to the relative height of the whole thing (approx 10 inches)

8. lschattler44

lschattler44 Member

Very nice!

Your designs are really quite awesome! I was thinking of some kind of belt holster for the 20 round Red Ball mags...maybe a 2 or 3 mag holder? The mag seems to ride rather nicely on the hip at about the bend point, and would provide a rather minimalist way to carry more of the hi-cap mags. I have a kydex mag holder for my PF9 that the Red Ball fits in, and it seems to hold pretty well, but I'm sure you could come up with something much better. Just a thought.

9. lschattler44

lschattler44 Member

Well, I was thinking of a vertical design, but I think a horizontal belt rig would work too. The bend seems to work nicely with the curve of the hip, and would probably work to stack at least 3 mags.

10. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Pretty cool!.... Very nice looking work

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The Question no one is asking:
    How Much? :rofl:
    Mole Likes This!!! :D

12. Well that depends on how much people are willing to pay. For the Chest rigs, it took me about 4 hours of cutting and sewing for the 8-cell chest rig and a bit more for the horizontal chest rig, mainly due to the utility pockets... for the bandolier, much less, but that was with scraps.... do consider that there are material costs obviously.
    As I am not a vendor or a forum supporter (yet...), I dont feel comfortable putting out a price on things in a non-sale thread. Might be best to PM me.

13. dirt_19

dirt_19 Supporting Member

sweet

sweet those look great.

14. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Supporting Member

Looks pretty sweet!

15. Everyone, thank you for the positive comments! I wonder, how many of you guys are wanting one of these?

16. I would give it some thought.

17. I never put a price tag on someone else's labor.

18. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Two words. MARKET THEM! Hell, I'd buy one.

19. Made new chest rig in 500D Cordura, in new color of Coyote Brown (or Tan 499), Shown against Olive backdrop and also against 330D Multi-Cam. Am going to sell this particular rig, look for thread in BST section!

Attached Files:

20. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

Can you make some that will take ak 30rd mags an some that can store sks stripper clips?