Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe yall can help (im shure you can);
First off its ATI'd, 3-9x? scope, flashlite, laser, buttpad, barrel shroud, and a 15rnd mag.

What I need help with is the mounting configuration of the light and laser make it look like a TAI fighter from star wars and the 10rnd mag slops up and down a little in the mag well.

For the laser light thing I would like to mount the light under the barrel but behind the laser and lower. if that makes any sence, also I want to keep the laser for 30-40 yards shot and the scope for 100+ yard shots. what do yall think?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thats a real nice setup you have there. Let us know how it shoots at 100 yards group wise. I don't know about the laser setup though. The mag slopping up & down dont sound right. Is that an ATI stock?

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I can say get Bushman's slant rail - I have one and it works great.
You probably want to put the laser on it though and leave the light where it is - otherwise that red dot will only be accurate at the range you zero it in at. If it's in line with the barrel, at least you only have to worry about elevation & not windage.

Just my .02 cents.

G

·
tjsjr Look stupid? Nah. Do you have to get a pilots license for that thing? Man it doesn't look stupid , it looks almost ...... well retarded.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW didnt expect that from you!! thats the way it came i figured a reconfiguration was in order, but really was i supposed to tell the guy i didnt want the acc because it looked dumb??

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also note that in the first pic that is the 15rnd mag in front of the gun not a handle, but i do want one. Oh and let me add, only about a $215 investment. i thought not to bad.

G

·
tjsjr I had to mess wid ya. It really doesn't look that bad. The thing is I personally don't like the ATi stock. But actually for the investment you did very well. I know several folks that paid that one in the factory stock. Then bought the ATI for it. I saw them at a recent gun show for $299 in an ATI . Which still isn't bad for one considering the ATI cost is around $70 from most places. I think in my opinion the light would look better underneath it. That is purely an opinion based on seeing many done that way. The current config isn't bad if everything is functional in that position. The slanted would improve the daylights out of it though. But if you buy the bushman stuff for it , it will come out looking great. The only thing I really don't like with yours is the pro mag. I just don't like pro mag in general. Pro mag just seems very flimsy. However they do make a 50 rnd drum for a 1911. It is ugly,heavy,spotty performance,thin and very flimsy. But damn it makes a 1911 look evil.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you think move the light to the bottom or the laser? i war thinking the laser so it didnt cross the barrel at distance. edit: the currnt setup sucks also because you cant lay it down. the laser was on all the way home, the button is on the side of the shell (bsa)

·
Registered
847 Posts
tjsjr, personally I do not like "wide" carbines. I think they look more like B-wings than Ty-fighters.

One more benefit about havint the laser vertically in line with the barrel is that you "eliminate" left and right compensation. Basiclaly set it to 25 yards and then you know that at 50 yards you need to put the dot X" higher and for 100 yards (if you can see it) it needs to be Y" higher.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
ARGH! get it right! Twin Ion Engine (TIE) fighter :p

I played the X-wing games so I should know :p

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I thought I already said he should put the laser under the barrel? :)

Oh, and I had another thought, If you get bushman's front rail you might be able to put them BOTH on it. Just get a picatinny riser for the one in the rear(I'm thinking the laser). That NCStar light's on-off switch should stick out on the left/right enough that you can still turn it on even with the laser behind it.
Here's a link for what I'm talking about
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/YHM-226-Mini-1-2-Riser-Picatinny-Rail-p/yhm mini riser yhm226.htm

Now, I have no idea how it would look - just that it is possible to get both on bushman's rail.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bushman; the laser is moving but the main question should I leave the light? I think it would be nice to have but if there was a way to mount in lower and behind the laser and not look like crap that would be what I would do kind of like this:

i cant draw for crap and i was in a hury, obviously i would want them as tight together as possible.

G

·
That would look awesome and super functional. That would solve the "lay it down" problem and actually increase the function of the laser.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i found the solution,
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/cdnn_2024_25541383

not that the one already stated wouldnt work, i wandered over to cdnn and the got a laser that is slimmer and has rails molded into the bottom to mount a light on. :) now the real problem, a foregrip or bipod? i thought i saw bipod that functioned as a forgrip when not spread apart but not shure.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I probally will use what i got so i dont have to spend anoither 40bucks. But if any body reads this as to what to do with theirs, i would buy the laser with rails first.

I appreciate the help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.