Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
You're being too nice. OO pissing and moaning about the staff here is also the reason that some douche got sent over as a fully empowered mod. He showed up, white-knighted himself, blabbed on about how many other forums he was a mod for, ignored our policies and procedures of conduct and ethics for staff, then effed of in a sulk after being told that 1) we didn't want him or need him, and 2) he still has to follow the rules here just like the rest of us.
Don't forget how he was a cop, a lieutenant as a matter of fact, and we needed to bow down to him as lowly civilians. Yeah...I called my buddy, a Trooper in the same state, who had no idea who he was because he wasn't in their system... I was holding on to that one just in case, but he beat feet.

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Wow, I hate that I missed all of this drama !
Just stick around - drama is fairly common place here, though some of the biggest DQ's have found other homes. Still, we try to keep it interesting

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
What is a DQ
Drama Queen - as in one who must constantly stir the pot, much as Rach (in a VERY mild way) with his Blizzard. Unlike Rach, however, a true drama queen is often one small step from being a troll. Trolls don't last long here

Reactions: Rerun and CowboyBob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Drama Queen - as in one who must constantly stir the pot, much as Rach (in a VERY mild way) with his Blizzard. Unlike Rach, however, a true drama queen is often one small step from being a troll. Trolls don't last long here
I see, thanks to you and Rachgier !

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I guess I totally missed all the fun.

What I am shocked about is that someone external can just be given admin power without anyone here having a say in it.

But I guess that’s what comes from using a multi-forum backend that “we” don’t own.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
I guess I totally missed all the fun.

What I am shocked about is that someone external can just be given admin power without anyone here having a say in it.

But I guess that’s what comes from using a multi-forum backend that “we” don’t own.
Well what had happened was someone went and cried to another Admin on another forum and said this place was totally in shambles and Kirk and I were being completely overwhelmed and overrun by certain forumites who refused to control themselves. So said Admin took ALL the messages to the Evil Overlords and volunteered to "save" us from the rule breakers. So they agreed and what happened happened.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
You are still talk in city terms. Here in the country that is just over the hill in Las Animas.
I live in the high desert plains of SE Colorado. There are no hills, just steppes, buttes, arroyos, and gullies. Things gets measured by time or distance out here because there are no landmarks...

Welcome to the flatlands. I can see Pike's Peak, 130 miles away as the crow flies, from my house. It may be a fourteener, but I can see below the tree line. So that's 7,800 of mountain from the base showing me at least 4,000 feet of skirt from that far away.

It's flat out here...

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
I went to a training once in the next town over, the trainers were impressed that we would drive 30 miles to be there. We kind of looked at each other and said....yeah, that’s 30 minutes away? And then they realized. They drive a longer time to go a shorter distance every day to work, down in the city.

We use time because distances are misleading. 30 miles East is a straight flat shot, 30 miles south is a mountain pass with the winding curvy roads that go with that.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts
Portland area uses length of time to get anywhere, because traffic conditions change all the time... what may take 15 minutes at 55 might take 35-40 minutes at 25 on the same section of I-205 in Beaverton area :rolleyes:

But anyways. Yeah, it really depends on location here also.

Back on topicish.. yea, thats why I myself swab and clean barrels after shooting anything. Lasts longer and maintain accuracy :D

·
Resident PITA
16,075 Posts
We had some members who believed it was their job to try to run off others, particularly new members. They don't post any longer.
As near as I can tell they got banned about 3 months ago.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
We tanked back in April/May. Posting and reactions were cut in half, and active members dropped by 25%

...I'll even call it like it is. Without SWAGZ getting shredded on the daily and cicpup trying to run off newbz between flopping his pork sword in Kirk's cornflakes every chance he got....we're a little bit slower.

Moonz is busy getting banned on FB while running not one but two alter egos in addition to his main, and the mole is back underground for whatever reason...

Hey @cicpup

I was mentioned in that same post too,
...as a heavy poster. See? We have been MISSED awwwww....

·
Resident PITA
16,075 Posts
Hey @cicpup

I was mentioned in that same post too,
...as a heavy poster. See? We have been MISSED awwwww....
Funny thing. I never tried to run them off (unlike others). I just enjoyed poking them with a sharp stick every once in awhile. As for Kirk? All is forgotten on my end. Dunno if he holds grudges for a year or not?

Reactions: undeRGRound
61 - 80 of 90 Posts