Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
That is a bit odd... I seriously doubt that anyone is still alive from the revolutionary war anyway lol. Now....in 20 years we may have veterans from Revolutionary War 2.0....

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a bit odd... I seriously doubt that anyone is still alive from the revolutionary war anyway lol. Now....in 20 years we may have veterans from Revolutionary War 2.0....
maybe its a pre-emptive strike?

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Technically speaking, a veteran is anyone who has military service, weather he/she has seen combat or not.
i thought you must be serving in a time of war, whether or not you served in combat.

and arent they calling themselves veterans of the revolutionary war?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Technically speaking, a veteran is anyone who has military service, weather he/she has seen combat or not.
Yes but THE Revolutionary War??? Everyones been dead for a long time, no veterans left from that one

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Lol, true, not from the revolutionary war.

But look at the bright side, they're educating people on firearms, teaching em not to be scared of them, and teaching them how to shoot. I want to attend one.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Question #3 from their doofus americanus quiz on their "plan to save America" page.

"3. I will be a great shot as soon as I have time like Fred to get to the range every day and fire 5000 rounds, but right now I’m working like a dog to support my family, and my family comes first."

Now they say you're suppossed to answer false to this to be right...but to which part? Its false that going to the range everyday and shooting will make me a great shot OR its false that my family comes first??? WTF?

I think Fred thinks he is a founding father hence the veterans of the revolutionary war moniker, teaching and learning to be a "rifleman" is all well and good nothing wrong with it at all, but how does that "save america"? I've looked at this site a couple times and I can't shake that nagging little feeling that they are full of themselves.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
I don't really read the ego stuff, but $70 for a weekend of shooting instruction doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Not when they're teaching out to 400 yards with irons.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't really read the ego stuff, but $70 for a weekend of shooting instruction doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Not when they're teaching out to 400 yards with irons.
ammo and rifle provided?

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
ammo and rifle provided?
Nope you provide your own equipment.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
i thought you must be serving in a time of war, whether or not you served in combat.

and arent they calling themselves veterans of the revolutionary war?
A veteran is just a person that has served at least 6 months of military service, I've never seen combat and I am a vet.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I know the point is these guys are impossibly calling themselves veterans of the revolutionary war, which is just crazy. However I did find a neat quote from an unknown author which I think describes veteran perfectly:

Quote:A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I know the point is these guys are impossibly calling themselves veterans of the revolutionary war, which is just crazy. However I did find a neat quote from an unknown author which I think describes veteran perfectly:

Quote:A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I like that, it is very fitting.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Like the Daughters of the American Revolution it is a justified name given their dedication to preserving the tradition and history of events surrounding Battle of Lexington and Concord. They don't even collect enough in fees to cover expenses but will still loan rifles and ammo to people willing to learn.

They devote their own time, money, and resources to the task of educating and teaching people that there is more to this country than sitting on your ass creating imaginary fault in people that actually do something worthwhile at great cost to themselves.

If you seek solid Americans who are awake and see the highest value in preserving the Republic that has cost so many so dearly to provide you with the chance of liberty they will welcome you.

If you seek people that will buy lame excuses and pettiness look elsewhere.

Any other questions?

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Yes. The original one, how does becoming a rifleman save America?

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes. The original one, how does becoming a rifleman save America?
actually i think the original one was 'why do these people call themselves veterans?"

Of course, an answer to both questions would be nice

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Sorry bomber you're right yours was the original, the one I asked was my original one brought to mind by looking at their literature and still not being sure if I should practice less or disregard my family.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts