Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Me and my best buddy, Scotty the collie
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve disassembled this 4595 a couple of times, but never had this problem. I can’t figure out why the upper barrel shroud won’t come off - it’s acting like something is retaining it. I’ve removed the charging handle, opened the two retainers and removed the bolts, and flipped up the holder on the upper rail. But the shroud is NOT moving. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Has the RDS always been in the way of the clamp?

Use your man hands. It's a friction fitting with a friction clamp.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
@rehjaeger as Rach said, it's a friction fit and should come off with some force.

I did have a 995TS that was a real sonuvabitch to get off and had to resort to tapping it with a drift and a hammer, it turned out there was a bit of molding flash that was making it extra tight. All good once I go it off and trimmed off the flash.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I've disassembled this 4595 a couple of times, but never had this problem. I can't figure out why the upper barrel shroud won't come off - it's acting like something is retaining it. I've removed the charging handle, opened the two retainers and removed the bolts, and flipped up the holder on the upper rail. But the shroud is NOT moving. Any suggestions?
Did ya get it off ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts