Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am signed into one of them but never post on it. Just curious.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I dont consider other sites as rivals. Theres just more than one place for information and thats how it should be looked at. I am on 2 others besides this one, even though I spend most of my time posting here.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Please define what you mean by 'rival'

Most sites are fairly careful not to deride other forums without strong reason.

If you'll check the links, you'll find other gun forums listed and many times you'll find links to other sites in the comments. Most of us have other sites we post on in addition to this one.

(forums not fora--it's English not Latin you pretentious twits--you know who you are)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
rivalry between us and the "other hi point forum" is usally caused by members dragging shite from one site to another. the site staff carries no animosity for any other sites as far as i know. i didnt when i was a mod.

SW

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I have a membership at HPT, I don't know that I've posted more than 5 times there though. Pretty much the only time I visited there was when our site was in the great HPFF outage of 2007.

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
I signed on at HPT but never post there, this site just kind of stuck for me. I check on there from time to time but never find much to post on.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I post on both forums, and 3 other forums.. I have good friends on all of them.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I visit HPT every so often, all in all good bunch of guys-- I really like THR, TFL, Rimfirecentral, and recently I became a member of Calguns.net-- mainly because I find interesting (and sad) what our Cali brothers and sisters have to do to have AR and AKs-- Love the California as a place and many people are good-- just that they got screwed by the wacko "liberals"--

I like many forums, and harbor no ill will towards any..

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I visit HPT every so often, all in all good bunch of guys-- I really like THR, TFL, Rimfirecentral, and recently I became a member of Calguns.net-- mainly because I find interesting (and sad) what our Cali brothers and sisters have to do to have AR and AKs-- Love the California as a place and many people are good-- just that they got screwed by the wacko "liberals"--

I'm also on Texas Gun Forum as well as others. Oh and tju1973 I'm just down the road from ya [Wylie] :grinwink:

·
Registered
615 Posts
There are more than just 2 HP boards now. I have three. I have posted links to HPFF on all three.
I'm a member here, I'm Admin at HPT, and Owner at mine, and can say that there is no "rivalry" on any of them towards HPFF. Only when folks pursure others to other sites in an attempt to belittle them for their choice, do the problems come into the mix. Not pointing fingers here, but it happens, that's a simple fact.
It's not about about rivalry of sites, it's about choice, and a common interest in guns in general. I started here, and I'm glad to have had this place to come to, yes. Because I choose another site, or choose to start my own, only means one thing. I have that choice.
"Different stokes for different folks" as the saying goes, but at the end of the day, it matters not where you choose to spend your time, the "real" rivalry exists between us and the anti's, not between sites that share a common interest.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If I got there pistol I'm on there site. Never know when you might need a quick fix.
Same here. I get a lot of info pertaining to my specific firearm. (did someone say "evil black rifle?.....no?......just me?)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm on here and on Talk....On here most of the time, but I check on Talk to stay up on things...Different people, different views.....

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Lot of good guys here, there, and everywhere.

·
Registered
557 Posts

I'm also on Texas Gun Forum as well as others. Oh and tju1973 I'm just down the road from ya [Wylie] :grinwink:
I too am on the Texas Gun Forum (and use Texas Gun Trader too--)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i bought a c9, googled hp's, and some how landed here. im happy with the info get here, like the people....i really had no reason to look any farther. im a member of survivors sks boards....and 762x54r....but thats about it. i lurk on 762, and ive learned just about everything i wanted to about my sks....so this is really the only board i log onto everyday.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts