Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LEBANON, Pa. (AP) - A Pennsylvania woman who had her permit to carry a concealed weapon revoked after she took a gun to her daughter's soccer game now has it back.

But a judge questioned Meleanie Hain's judgment, saying "fear doesn't belong at a kid's soccer game."

Hain lost the permit after other parents complained that she carried a pistol at a game last month.

She said in court Tuesday she didn't mean to intimidate anyone, but felt she had to carry the gun openly because warm-weather clothing makes it difficult to hide it.

She claims her husband's line of work, which wasn't disclosed, makes her a "greater target" than the average person.

And with her permit back, Hain says she'll be packing the gun again at future soccer games.
Another win !! :)

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Sounds like the stands are full of people in serious need of an education on the laws and maybe even common sense. I will never understand why people fear lose who legally carry. The way I see it is a person trained in the proper procedures not only is safer, but every one around them is safer as well.

·
Registered
825 Posts
But a judge questioned Meleanie Hain's judgment, saying "fear doesn't belong at a kid's soccer game."
Good for him. Maybe this judge can be sure and let all the (gang banging) criminals know this and the soccer fans will no longer need to worry.

I am a little confused why she lost her permit to CC because she carried openly. I'd guess I'm missing part of the information here but I don't see the connection. I'm glad she has it back, good for her!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Pa. is a open carry state. yeah I know I`m from Texas, but I have a brother who lives in Pa. he can ware his gun on his hip if he wants to.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Heck, these days, you take your life into your own hands going to any sporting event. Besides, if these kids plan on going pro, they are going to have to get used to a little violence... just ask the crowd at a Manchester United or Arsenal football game.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Good for him. Maybe this judge can be sure and let all the (gang banging) criminals know this and the soccer fans will no longer need to worry.

I am a little confused why she lost her permit to CC because she carried openly.
If she lived here it would because it was school property. Nevada has CC and Open carry but you can't carry or possess a weapon on school property, can't even have it in your car if it's on school property.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.