I just finished up building a soda can stove that burns alcohol. I got the idea from another site (or 12) but thought I'd post my process here. It's actually pretty easy, all you really need it two aluminum cans for the stove, and a pair of scissors for the tools, a thumb-tack for the jet's. Anyway here is the process in short... These are the supplies I used to make my final. I actually made a working prototype first, and fell upon these tools to do the work the way I wanted to build it. Scissors, hole punch, pliers (multi-tool in pic), ruler, X-acto, Sharpie. Here are the stove pieces by themselves. Top, bottom, inner ring. Oky, now to the build itself. First you need to cut your pieces, I measured the top at 30mm, the bottom at 20mm and the center ring is 40mm tall. For measuring I used a stack of cards with my sharpie on top and spun the can. It gave me a good clean straight and square line. I also just scored a good cut for the center and then pulled it out with the pliers. You'll need to score the center out of your top, and the measure and cut your top and bottom. You'll need the bottoms of two cans for this. You'll also need to cut a center ring. Here's a picture of all three parts with the marks for my jets dotted on in sharpie. I measured my jets for a total of 24, but have heard that 24-32 work well enough. I used a 1/16 inch drill bit so I opted for fewer jets, here's a pic of them drilled and a good shot of the center cut out. The center ring will also need smal holes to allow the alcohol to flow into the botom can. Here's a pis of the center ring and where I used a hole punch to get some small holes at the bottom. I used this to seal the can together. It's exhaust seeam sealer, available at most auto parts stores. You could also use Cold Steel weld, or JB Weld, but stay away from the quicks. They have a lower temp rating and won't hold up to the heat. I left out sliding it together, but the ring slips in between the top and bottom and falls right into the grooves. The holes in the center ring go down, I'll get better pictures of the inside later. Here's a picture of the first burn, this was with about a 1/4 oz of rubbing alcohol. I also decided to paint the outside of my stove to help with durability a bit. I figure the paint will help some. I used an engine paint (hi-temp), that I bought to shoot one of my HP pistols with. And here's the final burn after the paint dried a bit to help cure it a little bit. Notice I used an Ethyl alcohol and not an isopropal. I've heard the isopropyl will leave a sooty residue on your pans, but haven't tried it myself yet. I built this for a backpacking stove, and I think it will work well for my needs. I've read that stoves of these types will boil 2 cups of water with 1/2 oz of alcohol, but will do some of my own tests to be sure. Next I'm making a pot stand for it, look for that thread soon.