Sold my C9

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by monsterdawg, Jul 12, 2014.

1. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

I sold my C9 to a friend yesterday. Gonna buy a Ruger SR9c. My wife doesn't think I need more than 1 gun per caliber. I want the high capacity option and like the SR.
    Already regretting letting the HP go!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    1 gun per caliber? You do realize there's about a bazillion different calibers out there, right?:p

On the other hand...would she believe 9X19, 9 mm Luger, 9mm NATO and 9 mm Parabellum are all different calibers? :cool:

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Well there's your problem.

4. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

She can see no reason to own a (singular) gun, let alone a gazillion! I have an LCP, 1920 Colt 38 Special Snubby and soon a 9mm. She let's me do what I want to most of the time. Just does not understand the gun thing. She runs things, I don't delude myself thinking I do and I like her so I won't push too much. I will be buying a HP 995 and will convince her that a rifle and pistol are not the same thing even tho both are 9mm.
    Once in a while I shoot my mout off like I'm the boss, then she asks me if I got that out of my system, I say yes, we both laugh and all is good until next time.
    She puts up with me, which is more than anyone should have to do, so I stay in line most of the time. She is very good to me even tho I claim she constantly victimizes me by bot letting me buy an arsenal and a new Rausch Mustang.
    I still want at least one HP tho!

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Don't forget to tell her that 1/2 of those guns are hers? You want your 1/2 to be Hi Points, and she can have what ever make & model she wants on her 1/2!

6. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1405200217.023538.jpg my wife bought me this for Xmas. She was gonna buy me a 4095 for my bday but I wouldn't let her. (I don't like her charging that much on a credit card)

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

My wife bought me this for fathers day. Guy friends at her work helped her pick it out. Actually she bought it from the son of one of her friends. She planned this purchase for a month. She is very good to me. she does think that I have enough guns now, and don't need any more. She thinks I am obsessed. Maybe she is right. But, what better obsession I say. LoL :D

Attached Files:

8. MachoMelvin

Has your wife been talking to my wife?

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I think our wives have some club or something. The sisterhood of the travelling nagants or something... lol

10. MachoMelvin

Friend's DON'T let Friend's sell their Hi Points!

11. cktvt

cktvt Member

Nice Mosin! Looks like it was just issued to Sargent Vasily.

12. cktvt

cktvt Member

Go count how many pairs of shoes she has (look carefully, she may have them stashed everywhere) and mention it the next time the topic of your gun inventory comes up. Tell her that you "just don't understand the shoe thing" but you're willing to overlook it because you love her :p

13. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Your right. My wife made a comment like that once, and I just replied that in that case, we don't need anymore than one chair per room.

14. I personally don't see a reason to ever sell a firearm I own.

That's funny and yes my Wife says the same thing to me about being obessed with firearms. I don't see the problem. :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  15. Ask you wife if she'd prefer you got obsessed with some chickie down at a local watering hole or strip club. There are a whole lot worse things to be obsessed with than firearms. Just sayin.

16. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

She said no! LOL

17. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

You could save up enough cash to buy another H-P (not hard) and not let her know about the second 9mm. I believe in having two of each caliber I like. Stuff breaks, and you need a Plan B when SHTF.

18. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Shot the SR9c, M&P 9, G17, XD9, and an H&K 9 yesterday. The order in which I liked them is:
    G17
    XD9
    SR9c
    H&K
    M&P
    I am going to try the full size SR9 today. I don't want to buy a Glock because of the fanboys, but so far like it the best. By the way, I honestly like shooting the C9 better than any of them and will be either buying mine back, or getting another. The C9, for me, is more comfortable and fun. YMMV.

19. My wife has a G17 be it a 1st gen, I shot it and I am not impressed. I like my S&W SD40VE better, I have yet to shoot my C9 though so we shall see. I cant wait to piss off the gun snobs at the range when I show up with my C9. :D

20. Kiln

Kiln Member

I never should have taught my wife... :(;)