Soliciting your Thoughts, Prayers and Well Wishes...>

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by undeRGRound, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    As some of you may know, almost 3 years ago my brother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, but at a very early detection. Making a long story short, here we are 3 years later and he's still hanging on, but a mere shell of himself. He basically put himself in the hands of God and the medical establishment, and since he is a registered nurse admin, he basically got the best care available in Indy. But even though the cancer was absent from most all of his MRIs since after the 2nd surgery, it was looking "weird" again, (from my niece's description) and they wanted to put him back on a drug that reduces blood flow to the side of the brain where the tumor was. Side Effect: STROKES

He has refused the treatments, I'm thinking that he is going to take his chances and see if the tumor returns, instead of dying from the treatments. IMO it is killing him, just at a slower rate. I would have more to say about his viewpoint, but he can barely form sentences if he has something to say. He can talk, and certain phrases come quickly, but he even has to sometimes search for names, like even his wife. So it is hard on the whole family, and I am requesting your intervention on his behalf. I really appreciate the way this group supports each other, just seeking a bit of that for him.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Prayer for his health and recovery, and strength for you and all the family.

3. mej24

mej24 Member

Will be praying for all of the family.

The most effective way to stop a shooter is to shoot back.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Best wishes for sure

5. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Maybe die of a stroke or maybe die of a tumor that may or may not exist.
    Very tough decision.

Hope everything turns out okay.

6. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

whoa! these are some tough days. my thoughts are with your family.

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I am asking the Lord almighty to reach down and put peace on your brother & family. Sometimes we don't understand GODS ways. His ways are so much more than we can comprehend?
    We are only here for a season & everything happens for a reason!
    LET US PRAY!

8. I am serious about this. Have him look into treating the tumor with polio. It has been successful in a good percentage tests including people with stage 4 brain tumors. It seems that cancer cells are crystal meth for the polio virus. In all of the animal test conducted the cancer has not returned. Believe it or not I saw this on the Al Jazerra news network a few months ago. It seems to be a very promising treatment. The article centered around a 17 year od girl who was cured of stage 4 brain cancer using this treatment.

FWIW, Al Jazerra is actually a pretty good news channel.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Thank You ALL!

I will forward your support to my brother. My sister in law is working
    2 jobs, and the kids do a lot of care for Dad. My niece is the info source, 19 years old and she knows all about the treatments and diagnosis. She is really handling this like an adult, and so is her younger brother. They are doing OK financially, their congregation has helped them out so much. They have good health insurance.

@gaweidert
    Thanks for the "polio" virus tip, maybe we can find a doc who knows something???

10. Back2School

Back2School Member

Best wishes. My prayers will be with you and yours.

11. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Prayers and best wishes for you and all of your family as you all fight through this, RGR.

Father, Your Son accepted our sufferings to teach us the virtue of patience in human illness. Hear the prayers we offer for our sick brothers and sisters. May all who suffer pain, illness or disease know that they are joined to Christ in His suffering for the salvation of the world, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

12. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Prayers are out for your Brother.

13. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

Prayers to you and your brother
    Lord
    Please look down upon this family
    Envelope them in you shadow , give them peace to know that your will be done and that they will be cared for by many around them
    The road ahead is not easy but they will not walk it alone
    You will be there with them every step of the way
    We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord
    Amen

14. What Big Frank said...

Our prayers and thoughts to your brother, and your families.

15. Your family will certainly be in my prayers, as well as healing for brother. You hang in there and don't be afraid to give a shout out if anybody can help.

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Prayers offered.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Thoughts are offered......

18. tomtull

tomtull Member

Prayers sent,wish you the best.

19. I said a prayer..may God bless you and strengthen you.

20. As I am now in the beginnings of a similar journey myself ! my heart and prayers go out to him and his family ! May Gods hands guide him and give him peace !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.