Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Hi-Point 4095 for almost a year now. In that time, it's never had any kind of feeding issues. During the last two shooting sessions, I had some very odd feeding issues.
The first of those sessions, I blamed it on a different kind of ammunition. It wouldn't feed, no matter what. The two new magazines wouldn't feed either, but I expected that. The second time, I had broken in my magazines and went back to the old ammunition. Well...it had feeding issues SIMILAR to the last time, where the rounds would get stuck when you try to charge the gun...but this time, a light smack on the back of the charging handle made everything work fine. For all three magazines. So if it just needs extra force to get things going right for the first round, is it possible that my mainspring is weak? Or maybe there's some nook I need to clean out that I haven't seen before? I never used to need to do this before, I would always just pull back on the charging handle and the first round would be chambered perfectly every time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts